Hunting for ML 164

Chris810

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 350 bluethingy
I am on a hunt for a W164 ML, I have never mercedesed, merced? before so I would like a little information from those much more knowledgeable than me ( crawl crawl )

I have seen cars with 55 plates ( which look ok to me ), cars on 08/09 plates ( which look ok to me ) and all manner inbetween I understand that the cars were facelifted in 08-09 can anyone explain what the differences are ? I have a 20k budget and intend to use it for work at about 30-40k/year I used to use land rover products but I am looking for more reliability (much more reliability) I am not bothered about command as I intend to upgrade that to get full postcode and I pod connection

I have restricted my search to SE ( leather ) and then further to Light colour interior

so I have a couple of questions

1 are all uk supplied cars fitted with roof rails as standard?
2 I assume that the differing tyre/wheel sizes are the same rolling radius
3 is the 55 profile wheel tyre combination particularly crashy over poor roads ( i am looking for a good ride quality )
4 is the air suspension worth going for ?
5 Are imports a route to look at?
6 are 150k milages feasable with reasonable reliability ? ( my last vehicle a Volvo XC70 did 150k no problems except for routine services)
7 I know its personal choice but why specify a black interior , if you want a BMW buy a BMW ;)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom