Hybrid battery reset

Martin1066

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E300Hybrid diesel
My Mercedes E300. 2014 diesel hybrid needed a new battery and after several errors I was able to purchase the correct battery, however when I put the battery in I had many yellow warnings on my dashboard and the AA man said his computer was not capable of resetting the dashboard due to it being a hybrid. I have had several discussions with workshops who repair Mercedes cars but they say hybrids are more complex to reset, which I find highly confusing, can anyone advise the correct coarse of action to reset my car, which I love. Thank you in advance. Cheers Martin

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
What astonishes me with these MB Electric/Hybrid cars is the distinct lack of proprietary Diagnostic/Scanning tools available and affordable to the DIY market, here is a 2014 model c7 Years old with no paper manual or diagnostics tool, even the AA don't have one? Really??

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Just a suggestion but have you tried telling a diagnostics tool your car is a standard E300 with just the diesel engine and not a hybrid?

ETA Have you spoken to iCarsoft/Autel/Snapon etc looking for a capable tool?

OP
M

Martin1066

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E300Hybrid diesel
Just a suggestion but have you tried telling a diagnostics tool your car is a standard E300 with just the diesel engine and not a hybrid?

ETA Have you spoken to iCarsoft/Autel/Snapon etc looking for a capable tool?
A electronics car dealer tried to reset with the standard diagnostics but was unable to reset my dashboard though his system said it had reset them. Thank you Martin

OP
M

Martin1066

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E300Hybrid diesel
A electronics car dealer tried to reset with the standard diagnostics but was unable to reset my dashboard though his system said it had reset them. Thank you Martin
Thank you Tony for your response, though I fear no one seems able to offer an easy answer. I find it simply amazing that Mercedes are so unhelpful with what should be a simple solution to a simple task. Maybe they just have to make high profits from the simplest tasks, and don’t care about their loyal customers. Again thank you. Martin

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Go to the dealers and get it done.

The issue is the tech is relativy new, rare and thus many indies dont have a clue as the tech info hasnt trickled down due to low demand/uptake.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom