Hybrid Issue

Puddler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 300 Hybrid diesel Estate
Hi all,
New to Mercedes and the forum. Recently purchased a 2015 300h 2.1diesel Sport Estate and have an issue with the hybrid.

Firstly, “coasting mode” (I’ve just learned this phrase) where the car engine drops in/out, is this switchable by accident? By this, when switching on the ignition, do you have to hold it in start position for so many seconds to request either on/off?

It seems that the coasting mode is having a hissy and switching in out periodically. For example, yesterday, it stayed on during 4 journeys, then this morning, it started to work and has now stopped again.

Before I start digging into garage hours, is there something I’m doing on start up that is engaging (or not) the hybrid coasting mode?

The gauges are working, I’m getting hybrid assistance when putting the pedal down but the engine is not switching into coast.

Any help is appreciated

Darren

OP
Puddler

Puddler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Unable to help with Hybrid issues but welcome to the forum.
Thanks Paul, nice to be welcomed. Looking forward to spending some time negotiating around the forum in the coming days/weeks.

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
I had a 2015 300h estate for 2 years and never heard of a coasting mode ?

OP
Puddler

Puddler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had a 2015 300h estate for 2 years and never heard of a coasting mode ?
Hi Rich
Example: when the hybrid motor kicks in without the engine running? Apologies- maybe I’ve learnt a rogue terminology?

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Hi Rich
Example: when the hybrid motor kicks in without the engine running? Apologies- maybe I’ve learnt a rogue terminology?
Hi Darren
Sounds like normal behaviour for the hybrid tbh , weather conditions effect the characteristics of the car if it’s too cold it won’t use the electric motor if it’s too warm it won’t use it either, As for starting procedure if conditions are right the car won’t fire up on diesel but will allow you to move off in electric for a few meters then fire up if you want it to fire up in diesel no matter press and hold the button or key a few extra seconds and that will give you diesel start up.
The hybrid part is fully automatic there isn’t really any settings to swap battery to engine

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom