Hybrid not switching to battery

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2018 2 litre petrol
Hi I have a e300 bluetec hybrid that has stopped switching to all electric power ie the engine no longer switches off when decelerating or stationary. When he engine is warm and you start the car the "ready" comes on green and the diesel engine does not fire up. This is how it should be. However within 5 seconds the ready changes to Amber and the diesel fires up and stays on throughout the journey. Any ideas anyone.
Cheers Stuart

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
In this cold weather your hybrid battery will not cut in. I found mine stopped around November until around April.Lots of load on the power for stuff such as heaters, heated seats etc etc limits its use

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Yes as John says this time of year it will not work or will rarely work on battery alone.

Come the warmer weather you will notice the difference.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2018 2 litre petrol
In this cold weather your hybrid battery will not cut in. I found mine stopped around November until around April.Lots of load on the power for stuff such as heaters, heated seats etc etc limits its use
Thanks for that I did wonder if the cold weather was a factor. Here's hoping spring arrives soon.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2018 2 litre petrol
Yes as John says this time of year it will not work or will rarely work on battery alone.

Come the warmer weather you will notice the difference.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Definitely must have put the Lighting engineers on this design (you know the ones, who dont realise its good to have the bulb access hatch directly behind the bulb).
So basically are we saying that in the cold weather, [when we all get poor mpg due to a cold engine] that this new hybrid system cant go all electric? And wont for 5 months!

Put me down for 2 of those :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I'm wondering are there warnings in the manual that say you can't use hybrid battery power during the winter because it doesn't work in the cold . If there aren't does this leave MB open to miss selling/not fit for purpose claims ?

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I'm wondering are there warnings in the manual that say you can't use hybrid battery power during the winter because it doesn't work in the cold . If there aren't does this leave MB open to miss selling/not fit for purpose claims ?

From memory so I could be wrong but there was something in the main or supplemental manual along the lines of the operation can be affected by climatic conditions.

Robin

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom