I am one of you now...

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
After a few sleepless nights and much anticipation I have at last took delivery of a 2003 Titanite Red C270 CDI..
I am now officially one of you..
I drove a very long way to get home (well you do dont you)..
Later I visited a friend who lives near Wigan.. Its about a 90 mile round trip of which I would say 70% is motorway and the rest is A roads and 10 miles of country lanes..
I thought to myself I shall stay strictly legal and set the cruise at 72mph and stayed legal on the A roads.

I wanted to see what was a realistic MPG figure in real world driving conditions..
Guess what ??
It averaged 50.4 mpg...
Even if that is inacurate by say 10% I am still well chuffed with that figure..
Not bad for a car with an Auto box !

On the subject of Autoboxes it changes gear very smoothly and If I am accelerating mildly then I need to look at the rev counter to know its changed gear...
Its a damned nice car which has allready embraced my soul with its velvet cloak of sheer quality..
Go I am a poet now..
I feel its bed time so good night (or good morning) to you all..

Simon

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Nice one simonarius, sounds like a good one, good mpg figures as well!!!

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
After a few sleepless nights and much anticipation I have at last took delivery of a 2003 Titanite Red C270 CDI..
I am now officially one of you..
I drove a very long way to get home (well you do dont you)..
Later I visited a friend who lives near Wigan.. Its about a 90 mile round trip of which I would say 70% is motorway and the rest is A roads and 10 miles of country lanes..
I thought to myself I shall stay strictly legal and set the cruise at 72mph and stayed legal on the A roads.

I wanted to see what was a realistic MPG figure in real world driving conditions..
Guess what ??
It averaged 50.4 mpg...
Even if that is inacurate by say 10% I am still well chuffed with that figure..
Not bad for a car with an Auto box !

On the subject of Autoboxes it changes gear very smoothly and If I am accelerating mildly then I need to look at the rev counter to know its changed gear...
Its a damned nice car which has allready embraced my soul with its velvet cloak of sheer quality..
Go I am a poet now..
I feel its bed time so good night (or good morning) to you all..

Simon

Good morning and welcome to the Forum. I can understand why you are excited and pleased! Nice car, nice colour, nice mpg.

You will no doubt wash it to death in the immediate future (we all do), so some pics of your prize would be very welcome too.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am one of you now...

And so another decent human being bites the dust

SpikeUK

Reaction score
Welcome Simon. I have the same car and the same feelings about it. You will love the choice you made.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Oh I say !! ....... I can see another dose, of new car syndrome coming on .......

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oh I say !! ....... I can see another dose, of new car syndrome coming on .......

But with an MB it never goes away, mine has not after 2½ years, so is that good or bad

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
But with an MB it never goes away, mine has not after 2½ years, so is that good or bad

I know you won't ever tire of the car Malcolm, but does the car not get jealous when you spend sooo much time posting, and less time driving? :confused:

Or does regular passionate washing make it alright? :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I know you won't ever tire of the car Malcolm, but does the car not get jealous when you spend sooo much time posting, and less time driving? :confused:

Or does regular passionate washing make it alright? :rolleyes:

Yes I do wash passionately, but my post count is dropping, only 950 post since the 05-04:(

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom