I am sickened.

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Well today my wife was driving to work in our beautiful Mercedes when bang, another women driver jumped the red lights and rammed her in the side. My wife is fine. I haven't seen the car yet but it had to be loaded onto a flatbed truck and taken to the garage. My wife has told me that the front wing was crushed the headlight smashed, grill hanging out, I am hoping this time it is repairable.
The other driver accused my wife of jumping the lights the cow. Luckily there were witnesses who stopped and told the Police that she was in the wrong and just shot through red lights only then did the women admit that she was in the wrong. The Police are looking to prosecute her for jumping the lights, makes me feel no better though.
The wife scrounged a lift to work in a squad car .
We went through this last May and the stress was awful, I am dreading going through this again.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Glad no one was hurt - that's the most important thing. Yes I'm sure it will be a real pain, but that's life I'm afraid. Twice inside 12 months is very unlucky though. Good luck!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I Hope that your wife is ok, as that is the important thing. The benefits of driving Mercedes is that our loved ones are as well protected as we can make them.

The car is repairable (or replaceable) and as the Police are involved and the other party has admitted responsibility let your insurance company do their job.

I’d be tempted to get your wife checked out as shock and the like can take some time to come out. I’m not talking about ambulance chasing personal injury claims I’m talking about making sure she’s suffered no injuries.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
I have only spoken to my wife on the phone, I told her to come home but she wanted to drown herself in work so I will be picking her up in the little Smart car at 5pm. I know she has been crying, it'll definitely be wine o'clock once I fetch her home. The rental car will be delivered tomorrow, then as you say, just let the insurance companies get on with it.
The car is at John Cards in Plymouth, I know I can rely on them.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Gutted for you. It's bad enough when you damage your pride and joy but even worse when some other brainless idiot jumps a light and wrecks it.
As Blobcat says make sure your wife is fully ok. That's more important than anything else.

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Glad everyone is ok, wine and dinner will be the order for tonight so all good.

Cars are repairable so hope they can sort it

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Sad news feel for you glad to hear no injuries.

You may be able to turn it into an upgrade opportunity and make a sad event a happy one if repairs are high, just a thought and yes I was referring to the car ;-).

Mercedes SL500 R231

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Well today my wife was driving to work in our beautiful Mercedes when bang, another women driver jumped the red lights and rammed her in the side. My wife is fine. I haven't seen the car yet but it had to be loaded onto a flatbed truck and taken to the garage. My wife has told me that the front wing was crushed the headlight smashed, grill hanging out, I am hoping this time it is repairable.
The other driver accused my wife of jumping the lights the cow. Luckily there were witnesses who stopped and told the Police that she was in the wrong and just shot through red lights only then did the women admit that she was in the wrong. The Police are looking to prosecute her for jumping the lights, makes me feel no better though.
We went through this last May and the stress was awful, I am dreading going through this again.
Glad no one was injured, what a pain in the backside, at least the other driver was found to be at fault and there were witnesses. Hope you get this sorted quickly.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
I go to pick my wife up from work and my little Smart car breaks down, ****** wonderful. Just no drive and four rows of flashing lights on the dash. I just locked it and left it, going to get a garage to pick it up tomorrow and just sort it, Ive had it this week.
Wife's workmate drops us home and the wine was opened a few seconds later.
That's all three now, our Pioneer stereo died the weekend, just over a year old, we replaced that with a Denon, nothing else can go wrong now.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
I go to pick my wife up from work and my little Smart car breaks down, ****** wonderful. Just no drive and four rows of flashing lights on the dash. I just locked it and left it, going to get a garage to pick it up tomorrow and just sort it, Ive had it this week.
That's all three now, our Pioneer stereo died the weekend, just over a year old, we replaced that with a Denon, nothing else can go wrong now.

Make sure there’s another bottle on stand-by !!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

:(:(:(

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI

As Blobcat has already said, I'd definitely take herself to the Doctors for a medical checkout...just because she says she is feeling OK. does not mean that she actually is OK, but when the shock wears off, it might be a different story. Shock can cover a multitude of things, and psychological damage is not visible. It's good advice from Blobcat.
As for the car, in one sense, you were lucky ( ??? everything is relative) that there were witnesses's, so your Wife is blame free, which is so much better than having insult added to injury, and possibly having to contest the accident in court and pay for the other car too. Court decisions can go either way, as I'm sure you know. I hope that everything will work out Ok for you both, and it would be nice to keep us updated, if you feel up to it.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone

Get some soothing music on the Denon system and both of you curl up with your glass(es) of wine and relax.
The most important bit is that your wife is uninjured, cars can be replaced, ok, it's a bit of an inconvenience, but, it's still possible to deal with relatively easily, particularly as you have Police and witnesses to support you.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Sorry to hear Rob. Best wishes to your wife.
Fortunately only the car damaged, and insurance will hopefully see you back with another soon.

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Glad she's ok.
I hate the fact that you have to have a dashcam now as people won't accept the blame for their actions anymore. (God , my wife's right, I am turning into an old fart)
Enjoy your Denon, I've had my system for over 25 years, and the sound is still fantastic.(through my Tannoy 6 speakers)

BMF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 (W205) Bluetec Sport Premium +, 2015 model, 2.1l.
You have had one sh** week mate!

Glad to hear your wife appears to be ok but as someone else mentioned keep an eye out for signs of injury (sore knees, elbows, neck that kind of thing) because a sideways jolt may be masked at the moment.

Thankfully the third party admitted liability to the Police at the scene. Pass it all to your insurers and sit back, let them do their job. If the car is written off you could look forward to the excitement of looking for another MB with the undoubted payout and maybe upgrade model/trim level.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom