I am sickened.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Rental car gets delivered tomorrow, A class apparently. My Smart car is home, garage couldn't do anything as only one person in today, it started and drove so I just drove it home with a few flashing dots in the box which would normally have A for auto etc. I'll leave it till next week to sort out now, just had enough. Thanks for all the thoughts good people.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
All the best to you and your wife Rob, some weeks in life are just awful, and yours has been one such.
Easy to say but in a year or so it won’t seem so relevant - as others have said the metal stuff gets fixed/replaced now with almost no input from your good selves, the bodily and mental anguish presently needs the care..

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
It just gets worse. The rental was delivered yesterday, it was left outside the house, we haven't even sat in the thing yet. We needed to do a little shopping this morning, went out to the car, it has a flat tyre. Can't get it done on a Sunday unless WE pay the £100 call out fee. Told them to whistle. I noticed the flat was the only wheel with a dust cap, very strange, I got my pump out and pumped a bit of air in the tyre, the valve is faulty and air was hissing out from the valve, I wonder if they new that and delivered it thinking we would drive it and think we caused a puncture, I'm suspicious off everything little thing at the moment.
So off we went in the Smart car, everything went fine, the only warning light that came on was an airbag one. Went to look at our Mercedes and was really happy that we did because it didn't look that bad at all, new wing, front valance etc, well I'm hopeful anyway.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
It's Tuesday, at last we have a rental car. We were told on the phone yesterday that the tyre has to be ordered and it will be done on Tuesday. Nice chap came today and changed the tyre but said the offside tyre is illegal, I didn't notice before but it was in an awful state, the car has only covered 8000 miles. I will go back to the depot and fetch another tyre he told me. I asked don't you have to order one in, no we have these tyres in stock he said. Well it's all done but what a bunch Auxillis car rental are.
The engineer is going to inspect our car tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Reactions: BMF

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
It's Tuesday, at last we have a rental car. We were told on the phone yesterday that the tyre has to be ordered and it will be done on Tuesday. Nice chap came today and changed the tyre but said the offside tyre is illegal, I didn't notice before but it was in an awful state, the car has only covered 8000 miles. I will go back to the depot and fetch another tyre he told me. I asked don't you have to order one in, no we have these tyres in stock he said. Well it's all done but what a bunch Auxillis car rental are.

Inform your insurance company of all this, giving you a car that illegal is not on, never mind the puncture

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Inform your insurance company of all this, giving you a car that illegal is not on, never mind the puncture

I intend to, I think Auxillis are terrible.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
The engineer is going to inspect our car tomorrow, fingers crossed.
I cant believe that what a bunch of idiots.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Hi Rob - just calling to let you know your cat's at the vets with a cut paw.
What happened?
It jumped off your roof straight through the greenhouse.
But the roof is two storeys high - why did it jump?
The tiles got too hot for the wee thing.
Too hot? But it's raining!
Yeah - it was the heat coming from the front bedroom.
But the bedroom has no heating.
True - but the fire in the kitchen just spread upstairs. But don't worry - the vet says the cat will be fine.

Just one of those days!

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Sympathy to you and "the boss" Rob and +1 on getting your wife to see the doc ASAP just to be safe and sure. So far as the car goes, I know how you feel about "your car" etc but at the end of the day they're all just costly lumps of metal that can usually be bent back into shape etc but people often can't so I'm glad for you.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Sympathy to you and "the boss" Rob and +1 on getting your wife to see the doc ASAP just to be safe and sure. So far as the car goes, I know how you feel about "your car" etc but at the end of the day they're all just costly lumps of metal that can usually be bent back into shape etc but people often can't so I'm glad for you.

We are supposed to be able to collect our car tomorrow, the garage has informed us that the cost was higher than quoted as they had to replace more parts than first thought but that’s for the insurance company to sort out.
We will probably pick it up Friday morning, the hire car could then be collected, fingers crossed that all goes well now.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
We are supposed to be able to collect our car tomorrow, the garage has informed us that the cost was higher than quoted as they had to replace more parts than first thought but that’s for the insurance company to sort out.
We will probably pick it up Friday morning, the hire car could then be collected, fingers crossed that all goes well now.
Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Wow, that's really quick. Make sure you see it in full daylight for the colour-match etc and when you think you've checked it, walk around it and have another look! btw: Did you drive it after the accident? There can be hidden issues with side-on bashes so before you sign it off, do make sure it drives as straight as you would expect.

Here's hoping this stage is over and done with (and your insurers should take care of the rest)!

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Wow, that's really quick. Make sure you see it in full daylight for the colour-match etc and when you think you've checked it, walk around it and have another look! btw: Did you drive it after the accident? There can be hidden issues with side-on bashes so before you sign it off, do make sure it drives as straight as you would expect.

Here's hoping this stage is over and done with (and your insurers should take care of the rest)!

We collected our car this morning, I must admit it looks fantastic and it drove just like a new car. I had a good look at all the gaps around the bonnet, doors and tailgate, perfect. A pity it was raining and the car was outside so the paint will have to wait before I take a good look but I was assured it will be perfect, and I have no reason to doubt their word. Free upgrade on all the headlights too.
The car was clean and valeted, I also got a sneak view of the repair bill, just under £4000, that doesn’t include the extras, I don’t know how much they were. I’m feeling very relaxed and chilled at last.
A couple of weeks and we are off to Lechlade for a week, I think that’s how it is spelt.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
We collected our car this morning, I must admit it looks fantastic and it drove just like a new car. I had a good look at all the gaps around the bonnet, doors and tailgate, perfect. A pity it was raining and the car was outside so the paint will have to wait before I take a good look but I was assured it will be perfect, and I have no reason to doubt their word. Free upgrade on all the headlights too.
The car was clean and valeted, I also got a sneak view of the repair bill, just under £4000, that doesn’t include the extras, I don’t know how much they were. I’m feeling very relaxed and chilled at last.
A couple of weeks and we are off to Lechlade for a week, I think that’s how it is spelt.
Great stuff glad its sorted for you.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Considering that the strict definition of insurance cover comprises returning it to the condition it was in prior to the accident, you’ve done well so alls well that ends well!

Well done, Rob and now you can enjoy your car again!

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Glad it is all sorted, enjoy Lechlade, are you off on a river trip, used to live in Fairford, just down the road.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Glad it is all sorted, enjoy Lechlade, are you off on a river trip, used to live in Fairford, just down the road.

We have rented a cottage for a week, The Old Dairy at Lechlade. We spent a couple of hours in Lechlade a few years back when we rented a cottage elsewhere in the area. Great place to stay with our two Westies, nice pubs too.

Top Bottom