I didnt want to mention this but my car is chugging and screeching since lenghty

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
What the hell? You paid for a repair, things can go wrong - it's happened to us all, but stop burying your head in the sand, if you don't ask then any time limit for repairs will have gone....

Don't worry I won't mind if you as usual pay no heed to all the advice you are being given by people.....

Quote about trading standards. :

Under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, consumers have a right to complain if the service or repair work is not carried out with reasonable care and skill, in a reasonable time, and for a reasonable price.

Trading Standards will offer advice on what to do if you believe you have been the victim of substandard car repairs or servicing. They may also investigate the offending garage on your behalf.

Thanks Ricardo.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
ive worked in the trade, like Cole and numerous others here so i will repeat again below

id advise putting it in for MOT ASAP then you can get any MOT problems (if there are any) sorted BEFORE the old MOT runs out, AND the garage can check out your issues whilst its in there.

DONT WAIT

stwat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 300SE
You seem to thrive on being the victim. Are you really this naive or is it just a cry for attention?

Last edited:

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Callum plays the victim so well, I bet he carries his own chalk....

Seriously Callum, most decent garages want to keep your custom. Its generally easier to keep a customer than try and get new ones. They want your business and most will only be too willing to have a quick look at your car and sort it out. If its connected to the work they did they shouldn't charge you. Why not just pop in and talk to them? They aren't going to bite your head off.....

Don't put it off, just do it NOW! Don't leave it a few weeks, do it whilst the repair is fresh in their minds...

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Callum, If the problem really is that you are too worried/scared to take the car back to the garage, why don't you give us the name and contact details of the said garage and I'm sure some kind soul on this forum will be good enough to phone the garage on your behalf, explain the situation and get them to look at your car.

Doing this would (A) prove to the "doubters" that you are a genuine guy, or (B) call your bluff!

Steve

nyx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 1998 e240 saloon
(B) call your bluff!
been called and failed.
i was on the fence but no longer

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I'm struggling to work out if this is a cry for help (or attention), a trollfest or genuine ignorance of the subject.

nyx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 1998 e240 saloon
one long troll fest im thinking now. ah well good luck to him if im wrong but im sure im not now.

OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
I'm going to take a break for a while because I feel I am being detrimental to the forum as a whole.
I will be back as soon as I have any MOT updates, etc.
Thanks guys.

nyx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 1998 e240 saloon
woe is me. more the victim. good luck with the car. on ignore now.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Nothing to add here, but I am closing the thread because someone is going to say something we all regret. Cal, log in after the MOT if you wish.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom