i found this by accident ,, ha ha

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
just thinking:shock:....if a 500 or say a 560 engine is fitted into a 123 that used to be say a 230...then hows the poor ole gearbox cope with the extra power going through it?

in the vw world its not been unheard of for a car that used to be a 1200 to have a 2.3 fitted... good for the 1/4 mile but not great at 80 odd:lol:

do they cope ok?

PS good youtube link Rob!!....goes up to a 100 odd pretty quick!! ;-)

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
haha, yea, the speedo is quite out!
As for the gearbox, the guy that did this has had the same combo in his 124 coupe for about 3 years now and so far no issues atall, that said I cant actually remember now weather this used the 230s box or the V8s box, but I know his has a 4-cyl box on it and its been fine.

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
Oh, and if you are thinking about ratios, the diff was changed. I opted for one that would give mental acceleration up to around 100mph (a true 100!) but revs higher than normal at cruising speed, but it would be easy to change for the opposite effect. But I figured this car wouldnt really be used for high speed cruising much due to the fuel etc, but could be set up to do so.

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheers Rob;)

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Set it for acceleration, they won't cruise as well at speed as your E430 or E280cdi. Might as well get it, looks honest. It will be rusty, but at least the buyer will be honest. You can see the wings etc are tatty

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Set it for acceleration, they won't cruise as well at speed as your E430 or E280cdi. Might as well get it, looks honest. It will be rusty, but at least the buyer will be honest. You can see the wings etc are tatty

Its sold already...probably a good thing:lol:....although i have at least planted the seed of thought into Kats mind;)...more urgent thingd to sort first too;)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom