Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
eh? :) :)

duncanh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 520d SE F10, formerly c220cdi estate (for 12.5 years and 345k miles), before that w124 and w210
I saw a 10-Reg Sprinter yesterday that was just as rusty.

aquiss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220CDi AMG Sport
There is a difference between a private car and a van that is being made to work for its living.

The Vauxhall to the right looks just as well looked after....nice bang up the back left door.

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There is a difference between a private car and a van that is being made to work for its living.

The Vauxhall to the right looks just as well looked after....nice bang up the back left door.

Not good enough in my book. If I buy a van for my business, I dont want the think going rusty after 5 years. It looks crap for the image of my business and its crap overall.

If the galvanisation was thick enough and the metal of a higher quality, then commercial vehicles which are designed to be used in rougher environments wouldnt have the issues they have now.

orb the Impaler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 SLK 250 CDi AMG | Volvo V70 2.5T AWD | MV Agusta F4 | 1999 YZF-R1
Absolutely agree - it's very poor indeed.

rich599

Reaction score
Website
www.doodes.co.uk
Your Mercedes
w204/sprinter/vw t5 autosleeper/david brown 880/david brown 950
my van is a 2007 sprinter with 873,000 miles with no rust and not had any paint work,it is all down to how they are looked after,a lot of vans are not owner drivers,but usually on long term hire to a company with under paid drivers who don't give a dam about the van and just open the rear doors against walls etc.they never get polished and only get washed with TFR which is quite corrosive,vans are usually on the road all day every day so through winter months encounter far more salt in one winter than most cars will do in the entire life of most peoples cars

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
my van is a 2007 sprinter with 873,000 miles with no rust and not had any paint work,it is all down to how they are looked after,a lot of vans are not owner drivers,but usually on long term hire to a company with under paid drivers who don't give a dam about the van and just open the rear doors against walls etc.they never get polished and only get washed with TFR which is quite corrosive,vans are usually on the road all day every day so through winter months encounter far more salt in one winter than most cars will do in the entire life of most peoples cars

I do take your point, but I see more of the MB vintage that are rusty than VW/ford/etc etc

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Okay 5 and a bit years :p

Now if I were a copper - which I'm not - I would 'pull' that van and the words 'Number, Cloned and Plates' would spring to mind.

Not wishing to make generalisations or pigeon-hole certain Upstanding Members of Society, surprised I would not be, if I were to find what is known as a 'Traveller' behind the wheel.

Just saying.......... :lol:

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
heh, why do you say that?

The vehicle looks too old for the plate. Just my suspicious mind.

Nick a van, put false plates belonging to the same model. Not picked up by ANPR cameras as being untaxed/uninsured etc. Back to somewhere secluded/private, such as a caravan park, spare tarmac storage unit or lock-up. Remove goodies - engine etc and Paddy's your Uncle - so to speak.!

OR

Just drive around with the cloned plates on.

Of course it could all be legit, and the tarmac was purchased from a legitimate source. Or not.

TheBluetac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E300 AMG SPORT
The vehicle looks too old for the plate. Just my suspicious mind.

Nick a van, put false plates belonging to the same model. Not picked up by ANPR cameras as being untaxed/uninsured etc. Back to somewhere secluded/private, such as a caravan park, spare tarmac storage unit or lock-up. Remove goodies - engine etc and Paddy's your Uncle - so to speak.!

OR

Just drive around with the cloned plates on.

Of course it could all be legit, and the tarmac was purchased from a legitimate source. Or not.

A very funny post!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It is the white Vans that go very rusty, although red is a weaker colour they never look so bad.

I would have thought that all the sheet metal MB bought in for the 210 would be all used up by now.

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
Could it be the state of our roads that is forcing this van into its early grave? Considering the amount of UK potholes that these vans are forced to go into each blessed day for the sake of meeting up with time & business. Potholes can be more than a nuisance. Sure our roads are contributory factors why most of these vans suffer precocious wear and tear.

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
uploadfromtaptalk1371670192413.jpg

Just to add another into the mix that I saw recently!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom