iCarsoft scan results

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Yesterday afternoon, I updated my iCarsoft MB11 scanner and today carried out a scan,it has two faults stored, ( see attachments ) Any help deciphering them would be much appreciated,
Best Regards,
Jim2

Attachments

• iCarsoft Scan Voltage Exceeded Reduced Pic  BIMAG6240[853].jpg
    iCarsoft Scan Voltage Exceeded Reduced Pic BIMAG6240[853].jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 23
  • ICarsoft Scan Nr 1 Heater Booster Reduced IMAG6237[852].jpg
    ICarsoft Scan Nr 1 Heater Booster Reduced IMAG6237[852].jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 23
OP
Jim2

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thread here about the first one:
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/heater-booster-fault.62641/

The second I would clear and forget as it's historical.

Thanks LostKiwi, will follow your advice and clear the 2nd fault. The heater booster seems like it could get problematic.. very awkward to get at, so it seems... I will see how it goes.
As the name suggests, it's main function is to provide heat while the engine is warming up, and it has been working during the recent cold spell we had so the code that is appearing is recent.
There is a thread on it on mercedesclub.org, so I will follow that and see where it goes.
Thanks again, and Regards,
Jim2

OP
Jim2

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
On YouTube,I have just seen a video of the Booster Heater being removed.......So no way am I going down that road . I was not even aware of the existence of this unit...although in my previous car, an Audi 6, it had something similar. I freezing cold conditions, once all controls were set to max, it had a booster too...in very short space of time, the interior would become warm...this manifested itself demisting the front screen, but also was directed into the cabin. So I guess the Merc has the same thing. I do remember during the recent cold spell, the merc behaved in the same way, so at that point, the booster was working. Is there any knock on effect of just leaving it as it is? Normally, where is the problem with the unit? In the electrics, or in the radiator itself? Blocked?
Best Regards,
Jim2

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom