ICE change over

Praxxus

Reaction score
Hi All,
My standard Blaupunkt has died in my 1998 C180 classic, so I want to put this one in http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=224866&C=SO&U=strat15 or this one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5006425/Trail/searchtext>CAR+CD+RADIO.htm but dont quite know what 'ISO connection' is regards to fitting it ! The connectors present in the dash are 1 small block and 2 larger block connectors which plugged straight in the back of the Blaupunkt.
Any guidance/help appreciated.

Prax

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Shops like halfords sell the full range of adapters, so you should have no problem with the right adapter

OP
P

Praxxus

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but are these what they call 'ISO connectors' or is that something else ?

Cheers,

Prax

jam3s

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
52-plate E320 Estate (W210)
ISO is the "international standard" connector block. Most aftermarket stereos have these sockets on the back. Halfords will sell you the appropriate adapter (£15 or so when I last bought one) that will plug into your loom on one end and into the back of the new radio on the other. Very neat, very straight forward but may be bulky. I have just bought my Merc so have no idea how much space there is behind the stereo but in my BMW 525 it was tight to fit the ISO adapter/converter in behind the new radio.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
when I removed my comand, it had standard ISO connections so the replacement was just a straight swap, well as far as power and speakers were concerned

OP
P

Praxxus

Reaction score
Oh ok, thanks to All.

Should I buy the Ice first , try to fit it , then if not - goto Halfords ?

Cheers !

(It's that I dont want a load of ear-ache off the missus when it dont fit ! lol)

Prax

laurence

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c202 250td
Hi,
both ISO units should just plug in and work (2x8 pin plugs),however just check the perm live and accessory (ignition feed) are the right way round.Should be easy to swap them anyway.Remember check the aerial is correct (might need adaptor,should come with the box),tune to mw( ie 5live) to make sure it's working correctly.Needs a feed to work aerial amp or electric motor,depending the year, of car. Good luck.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom