Ice wax

C

C180 Chris

Hi all,

Has anyone used ICE car wax?

Just seen an ad on TV that said ICE was available at Halfords and wondered if it was as good as it looks on the ad.
Have also heard about a WET LOOK wax, has anyone any knowledge on this??

All the best,

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Never tried it, but I was in Halfrauds, Saturday, and they sell it ....... and all valeting gear is 3 for 2 at present, including the ice range........ I think it's Turtlewax ......

bouncer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200k w203
I use ICE wax, its very good! I have a black car and i hated trying to clean off all the white marks and dust from my old wax. This stuff is really quick and dosen't leave any marks or dust.

sTeVe

124coupe

Reaction score
I have used it on the wife's Golf and daughter's Pug 107 (both cars are black!) - you can happily go over the unpainted plastic bits and rubber trim and shine those as well as the paint.

Seems to last well.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Hi all,

Has anyone used ICE car wax?

I refused to buy it when I found it is on sale in the US & other places at a third of the price we are charged. Better with some Collinite from e-bay US or any decent carnuaba wax.

Russ

GseRacing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172/2012/250
I have a black car and its brilliant that it doesnt leave white residue, i did however find that it left a chip paper like grease on the car and i wasnt happy with the finish. I have since given my bottle away after one use and i now clean the car, dry it and then spray it with ICE detailing spray and rub down. the best finish i have ever had from cleaning and polishing. Just wish i could sort the staining on the wheels!

GseRacing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172/2012/250
ALso it is a part fo the Turtle wax colllection. if that helps anybody who is brand prejudice here.

124coupe

Reaction score
Clay bar? sorry, whats that?

You get a kit with a bar of "clay" and a bottle of lubricant - primarily used to clean up paintwork prior to waxing. Halfords sell Meguiars.

Also works well to remove black spots and discoloration from the surface on alloys (as they are also painted).

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom