I'll admit it - the S211 comes in handy now and again...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Those SU's are fairly. easy to work on, is it 3 on that one, I forget

A small ultrasonic cleaner is good and diesel will dissolve stale petrol deposits

OP
Corned

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde
I have often wondered about trying to swap the Webers for SUs. I agree - they would be way less hassle!

Originally they would have been three 2" SUs, but mine came with three 45DCOE Webers. :rolleyes:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
I have often wondered about trying to swap the Webers for SUs. I agree - they would be way less hassle!

Originally they would have been three 2" SUs, but mine came with three 45DCOE Webers. :rolleyes:

Webers sound WAY nicer than SU's though! and must admit ive never had any problems with weber carbs

Last edited:
OP
Corned

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde
Yes, you are quite right Pete - on both counts I guess.

1. You should hear it with the pedal flat to the boards. :twisted:

2. Those Webers are old and tired, and I admit that's not a great way to ask them to perform. I really should just take a deep breath and get them serviced. A good clean and a set of new gaskets, seals, O-rings, valves, and whatnot would do them a world of good. Then I guess they would stand a better chance of performing reliably!

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
The Jags of these year did give outstanding value for the money, I had loads of Mk10s as well, they were quiet and good ride. even today the E types take some beating for the looks. When I lived in Herts, there was an old boy in Kings Langley who made D type bodies. That guy was so clever, a wing or bonnet he could reproduce by cutting out loads of small pieces of ally, laying them on top of a good one, scale the pieces down a touch, weld them all together and on the finished job, I could take the part home, etch prime and spray with virtually no filler at all.

They were the happiest days of my life :D:D

Here you are Malcolm..
This is a D type that was actually being run at the North Weald Drag Strip !!

Attachments

• D Type.jpg
    D Type.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 8

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom