Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Would you like me to search for sure where this switch is located :D

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Yes please and any associated circuit diagram.
Would like to see if possible to use any door switch (wires) as path to ground 0V. Or if its just a signal / data switch.

Do you need my email again?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes please and any associated circuit diagram.
Would like to see if possible to use any door switch (wires) as path to ground 0V. Or if its just a signal / data switch.

Do you need my email again?

Nope I have that now thank you :D

I can understand you not going down that ridiculous retro route, it is just crazy and no need for that

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
sorry you lost me. Retro route ?
(have spent last hour reading boring papers on thatcher and brain has become fried)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sorry you lost me. Retro route ?
(have spent last hour reading boring papers on thatcher and brain has become fried)

Sorry :D:D the Mercedes retro fit method to fit the sills and wire them :(:(

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Yes your right - of course ;) (for some reason I could only think of retro as in 'old look')

And then assuming anyone but MB could even get their little can reader / relay box.
Dread to think what it might even cost. When a simple connection to the door switch does the job - 'hopefully' :mrgreen:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes your right - of course ;) (for some reason I could only think of retro as in 'old look')

And then assuming anyone but MB could even get their little can reader / relay box.
Dread to think what it might even cost. When a simple connection to the door switch does the job - 'hopefully' :mrgreen:

The idea is that if its wired into a SAM if it goes wrong it will throw a fault code,

it does not matter that one would not light up if it goes wrong and you could see that,,it would please the members that say you must get the codes read for any minute thing

koolit

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204
Greetings...

Sorry for bumping old thread. I am new here and this is my first post. My search to wire the aftermarket illuminated door sills to my 2013 W204 pointed me to this forum. I can't PM yet (bet your glad) but I am so desperate to get the sills light working. Anyone willing to help? TIA...Koolit:)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The chances are it is the driver that has failed,,all I can think of is to get a cheap set off Ebay and just use the drivers

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Sorry for bumping old thread. I am new here and this is my first post. My search to wire the aftermarket illuminated door sills to my 2013 W204 pointed me to this forum. I can't PM yet (bet your glad) but I am so desperate to get the sills light working. Anyone willing to help? TIA...Koolit:)

This is for the OEM illuminated sills but may help you install the aftermarket ones. Obviously you wont have the canbus module but perhaps the rest of the wiring, trim removal will help.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w204-c-class/1455525-w204-illuminated-sills-diy.html#post3575434

unders

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63
HI, Did anyone ever have the fixing instructions for the (For My Mercedes) illuminated door sills. W204 2014 car.

I'm after the best place to pick up the feed when the door is opened. The car seems to have red lamps in the door, however they never light up. Any help appreciated.
Regards Bob

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You should have puddle lamps in the bottom of the doors.

unders

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63
I do yes. They don't light up? Tried side lights locking un locking the doors.
The don't work. Very strange. I would think this is where the wires connect to on the sills. Maybe look inside the A post in the loom.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They may only work when the lights are on,or when dark

dozypillock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Elegance 2002 C209
that's easy to fix. Boot into BIOS. (f2 or f10 usually) and select boot order, and change it so then C drive is first. Many pcs' even have a legacy floppy drive listed as 1st still.

No disrespect to you, but I would rather use a separate computer entirely for my Merc stuff. I have access to WIS and EPC but it may not be fully legit, so running all my Merc stuff on another comp is much easier, and comp is dedicated to what I need. As you can get computers to run this stuff free these days, I would not risk anything on my main one (this one) as I could not then access the forums..
As computers are given away free now on certain yahoo groups, why try and mess about with changing drives etc on your main computer. I now have 3 laptops, and 2 dell machines, free, with licenses, to play with, and only cost me about £2 in petrol.

If you have licenses for operating systems then you can build a laptop/desktop for next to nothing these days, to run simple diagnostics?

Neil

unders

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63
Anyone ever fitted the none genuine sills?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Anyone ever fitted the none genuine sills?

Your car is too new for me, ask your dealer to print the instruction off for you.

unders

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63
Ok, Thanks tele.

Anyone know what happens light wise when the door is opened? (A live feed?) The interior works, (centre lamp) but you don't want the both of the sills lighting up when one door opens by wiring into this. Red light in the door lower bottom, but does not seem to work either side. Loads seem to have fitted the genuine items, no one ever fitted the non genuine sills to a W204 before?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I do know the wiring is quite complicated, and not just a simple connection.

There will not be many on line over the holiday.

holbay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Cdi estate. 2004
I find when i remove lock assemblies in the work for door repairs that there is a small microswitch that is part of the lock assembly that puts on the interior lights. Most cars dont have pin switches anymore, mores the pity..

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom