1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm off

Discussion in 'Motoring Related Discussion' started by Yugguy, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Yugguy

Yugguy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
    So I get great friends and family discount on Fords and I have obtained an amazing deal on this:
    www.ford.co.uk/s/jv6u

Focus ST-Line X, 1.5 182bhp auto, with Convenience pack (reversing camera, active park assist) in Magnetic grey.

Drives very nicely, Ford have always done good handling cars.

Comes with good spec, heated electric front seats, dual climate, touchscreen nav, keyless go, traffic recognition bollocks etc.

Delivery in July.

And it's made in Germany!

I'll have some mb bits and an icarsoft mbii to sell once the C is gone.

Liked my C but getting too old and too expensive and I can't bring myself to PCP an expensive new one.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Jim2 likes this.
  2. Jim2

Jim2 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2010 Eclass w212 2.1 CDI
    I worked in a Ford dealership for a quite a few years, so I have a good opinion of them.They give a lot of bang for the buck. When I was looking for a car, Ford Mondeo was also on the shopping list, and it just happened thet the Merc came along. I wish you "Good Luck" with it, and be nice if you can drop in now and again and update us on the new arrival !!!

Yugguy likes this.
  3. OP
    Yugguy

Yugguy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    I test drove the manual version. Ford have always made mainstream cars that handle better than they have a right to and this is the same.

Chose the 8speed auto so if I'm in the mood I can have fun with the flappy paddles, otherwise when I'm feeling tired and lazy I can just bimble home on full auto.

July seems a long while off though.

noonboots and Jim2 like this.
  4. John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    UnMercs BMW i8 Volvo XC90
    Yip good luck, looks nice that and great spec.. stick around though, like most of us you might be back...

Jim2 likes this.
  5. Headhurts

Headhurts Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 Night Edition Estate/2016/Diesel
    This does look a lovely car, my son had a Focus ST which he sold and always regretted.

The MPG does not look great though, I’m not far off those figures in my 3 litre E350.

Are you hanging around to input on the politics?

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yugguy likes this.
  6. AJD

AJD Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 W204 Sport ///AMG Line 4dr Auto, Obsidian Black, Light Grey Faux Leather
    I worked for Ford Motor Company for quite a few years and Ford was your world during that time. That I think has put me off Ford, not for any driveability, Build quality, comfort or any other reason, just fact that there were nothing else but Ford in those days and it was nice just to get away from them. :)

Now I have an MB i wouldn't choose anything else, it's a choice thing. Good luck with the ST, it certainly enjoys good press, hope it stands up to your expectations :)

Jim2 likes this.
  7. Wighty

Wighty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
    Good luck buddy , I had Fords all the time until MB , all very good reliable cars , don't think I could go back though .
    I much prefer the MB experience , be interested to hear how you get on . Im sure the new car experience will last for 2-3 years , maybe you will be back afte that :D

Jim2 likes this.
  8. OP
    Yugguy

Yugguy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    The thing is, my C is still nice to drive but it's 11 years old now, and costing regular cash. If it was something interesting with a big V6 I'd keep putting it in but it's not, it's an old dirty diesel.

The Privilege discount I got via the friends and family thing got me £2500 off list plus free convenience pack and colour.
    I am trading in the C and putting down £2500. To have PCPed a new C class of similar spec and same mileage and monthly cost I would have had to put down £8000. Yes, I will miss the badge and RWD but they aren't worth £5500 to me.

It'll likely cost me 500 quid every 2 years to roll the car over to the next new one.

I'm also at the time of life where I don't have the time and energy to work on my own cars.

My two major outgoings are mortgage and car. Mortgage has just gone onto a 10 year fixed after which it will be almost paid, and now the car is a fixed price per month. Swap just before the service and it won't cost anything else.

So I'll know exactly what I can put in savings, pension, daughter's ISA. I like certainty so this is important to me.

MalcQV, John Laidlaw, Wighty and 2 others like this.
  9. Wighty

Wighty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
    Can't find any fault there buddy , good job !

Jim2 likes this.
  10. OP
    Yugguy

Yugguy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Jim2 likes this.
  11. mercmancdi

mercmancdi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
    All the best with your new purchase
    but stay around on the forum there may be times your knowledge may help someone else out. Good health to you .

Jim2 likes this.
  12. OP
    Yugguy

Yugguy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Will do. I'll have some mb bits to sell which I won't ask much for.

Looking round the garage I have some unused Brembo front pads and furniture (caliper bolts, sliding pins) for 295mm disks, a 5g dipstick, 5 litres of genuine 229.51 oil and a Haynes W204 workshop manual.

Jim2 and mercmancdi like this.
  13. brick10

brick10 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C Class 350 Sports Edition Coupe W203
    Good luck with the Ford.

Yugguy likes this.