Hans Solo5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 280 (R129) 1997 Straight 6
Hi

Can anybody identify this immobiliser key?

It was fitted according to the previous owner who had the car from new by Mercedes(Coverdale) in 1997, I only have one key which is not a good position to be in, I might take it out but people say it could lead to problems.

Im not sure if its related but sometimes when I go to start the old girl, put key in the ignition and the dashboard doesn't light up, leave it for a few minutes and its fine! is there a sender in the original Mercedes key? would it help if I put a new battery in the key and if so can this be done by me or does it need to go in to Mercedes?

Thanks

David IMG_7738.JPG

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Hans i checked for you and i have some good news, and bad news .First the good news your alarm is a Scorpion .Second the bad news is without the red key you wont get a replacment .You need to show this red key for a new one this is to say your the owner ,how they do this i dont know . Google search this ---

Information A160/ Feb 2002 Scorpion Car Alarm System Read down the page for info on how to replace it.

Please let us know if its of any help to you ..

OP
Hans Solo5

Hans Solo5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hans i checked for you and i have some good news, and bad news .First the good news your alarm is a Scorpion .Second the bad news is without the red key you wont get a replacment .You need to show this red key for a new one this is to say your the owner ,how they do this i dont know . Google search this ---

Information A160/ Feb 2002 Scorpion Car Alarm System Read down the page for info on how to replace it.

Please let us know if its of any help to you ..

Thank you so much, I will try and talk with them tomorrow and will update you on the outcome.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Good luck the picture was on the web site if you go there you will know how to find the company ..

Attachments

• mine.JPG
    mine.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 10
OP
Hans Solo5

Hans Solo5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good luck the picture was on the web site if you go there you will know how to find the company ..
Hi
I contacted Scorpion and you are absolutely correct without the red key they will not help, they state "thats the master key for the system and have no supplies" !

Madness to think they can't support their own products. Im looking at taking it out if its not a drama.

Thank you for your help, I have an intermittent starting fault where , I put key in the ignition and all lights up and ready to go, on other occasions I put the key in and just get a single red light ! Im not sure if this is related to the original Mercedes key if it has a sender or maybe the battery in the fob is weak?

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
I am sorry i dont know much about the Scorpion alarms .But as these are well known alarm makers , i would try and find a company that fit them , like auto alarm fitters . For more information on them .Thats the problem with alarms ,and immobilisers , if you have a no start , then you dont know if its electrical or the antitheft alarm thats faulty . My engine failed to start , and untill the immobiliser was removed it never would .But after it was taken off it started up and was fine ever since .

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Lot of information if you google it -- Faulty Scorpion alarm ..
Do you have a key fob , you can reset the system . Try removing the leads to the car battery and reconecting it again . Onlt do this if you can reset radio code after . Other is switch ignition on and off 20 times
Other thing is to check all the switches for the alarm on the bonnet and boot and car doors if they are fitted . Corrosion can give these faults .

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom