Immobiliser

jonmorg

Reaction score
Hi my name is Jon, I'm new on here and was wondering if there are any people that would have a clue how i could disconnect my immobiliser on my C180 as my key fob has packed up and really need my car. Its just a temp thing til i get a new key fob from Merc. Any ideas please?

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
what age is your car, what type of key do you have and what do you mean when you say the key fob has packed up?

OP
J

jonmorg

Reaction score
Its a C180 on an M plate (1995) and i dropped the key and it broke and now i am unable to start the car. I need the car and have to wait a while for Merc to send me a new key. Its a flip key fob with just one button to open the doors.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As above the transponder coil will have broken of,,,, I am have some made hopefully so that I can repair them

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
I don,t think an "M" plate car would have a transponder coil type Immobilser, though I could be wrong, IMO it is more likely to be a stand alone Scorpion Unit, or intergrated into the alarm system.
If you have RAC or AA membership they could bypass it as they did it for me, it is detailled in their tech handbooks, and on their laptop, it took him no more than ten minutes to do, worth the membership fee for a year to do that, and you get a years breakdown cover too, if you have a certain type of Lloyds bank account you might even have free AA membership and not know it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi,
I don,t think an "M" plate car would have a transponder coil type Immobilser, though I could be wrong, IMO it is more likely to be a stand alone Scorpion Unit, or intergrated into the alarm system.
If you have RAC or AA membership they could bypass it as they did it for me, it is detailled in their tech handbooks, and on their laptop, it took him no more than ten minutes to do, worth the membership fee for a year to do that, and you get a years breakdown cover too, if you have a certain type of Lloyds bank account you might even have free AA membership and not know it.
t

You are correct Andy and I was wrong, not on that age,, the DAS came in on 01-06-97

Though there is a transponder ring around the earlier cars with the metal blade key

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
his immobiliser is the ifz unit, andy is basically right. but the problem here is it has been locked with the IR and cannot be unlocked. the standard car did have a built in immobiliser that needed the ifz to see the vehicle had been unlocked with the IR. the immobiliser that can be bridged is only the dealer fitted item, and the bridge simply restores the function back to factory spec, but the ecu still needs that early can signal from the ifz, which i believe will not give the signal unless the car has been unlocked with the IR. could be tricky...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom