Imoboliser

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 320 1995 auto
I have a sl320 1995. Red light on door handle not flashing. Interior mirror lights working, so does green light on door. However car won't start. Battery good as it's on trickle charger, key fob ok (according to camera test). Could the absence of red light be the cause of my problems. Desperate for help. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
I replied to your post yesterday. Have you tried to re-sync the key to the alarm/immobiliser as I suggested ?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 320 1995 auto
I replied to your post yesterday. Have you tried to re-sync the key to the alarm/immobiliser as I suggested ?
Sorry, but haven't received your previous post. Could you please resend info on resyncing. Many thanks.

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sit inside car doors unlocked and with key in your hand. Aim remote at mirror and Press button twice. Turn ignition lock to position 2 within 30 seconds. Good luck.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 320 1995 auto
Sit inside car doors unlocked and with key in your hand. Aim remote at mirror and Press button twice. Turn ignition lock to position 2 within 30 seconds. Good luck.
Done that, no luck, doors lock and open, but nothing else. Thanks anyway. Any other advice willingly taken onboard.

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Others have suggested removing the immobiliser if it's a dealer fitted one and this would seem to be a good idea if nothing else works. Sorry but I cannot think of anything else.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 320 1995 auto
Others have suggested removing the immobiliser if it's a dealer fitted one and this would seem to be a good idea if nothing else works. Sorry but I cannot think of anything else.
Ok. Many thanks for your time. I'll post how/when it's fixed for others.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
You will need at least one red and one green working or the immobiliser won't disarm. Not too big a deal to wire one led in if required

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 320 1995 auto
You will need at least one red and one green working or the immobiliser won't disarm. Not too big a deal to wire one led in if required
Hi, I'm intrigued by that, my sl320 only as one red and one green on the door handle, and same again on interior. The red on the door as stopped, but the interior two still work. You say at least two are required to disarm immobilizer, but I have three working ( one green on door and two red/green on interior mirror) but my immobilizer won't disarm! Grateful for any help at all as I'm not very technically minded.
Many thanks

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 320 1995 auto
Good evening. Update on my sl320 imoboliser problem. Finally found some space in garage now better weather as arrived. Remembering all advice previously given, I thought I would have a go. On my '95 model I have a small lift up "accessory" compartment top centre of the dash at the side of which is a key hole which locks and unlocks this compartment, which is strange because when locking with remote, all compartments lock anyway. However, I tried the "skeleton" and it operates the imoboliser. Don't know why or what went wrong initially, but at this moment I'm back up and running. Thank you all for your input.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 320 1995 auto
Ps. Still got no red door light flashing indicator. Can't have it all.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom