Inability to drive…

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Xactly. Must confess. When road seen as clear I don't much worry about de white line either.

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Xactly. Must confess. When road seen as clear I don't much worry about de white line either.
Anyone would think you were a biker….;):cool::p

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Got me 40 Yr on bikes started 76 on bantam. Cd175 s1 triple tz350 748r x 2 gsx1400. Still have. Took test 3 times failed ride on my foreign permits last test bike stopped itself, whilst performing slow manouvers no grey area put foot down fail, that's it, don't put foot down bike lands on u. Bike hired from riding school. Club raced 5yr a few 3rds never a win always on a min budget nip up.. bike in van go home. Now some twxx says I can't. Just do it anyway. Been down to salo 5 times didn't die or kill anyone else. F em!

jc62b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Coupe 2014
Roundabouts aren’t the only issue. I’m fed up having to avoid drivers coming towards me cutting bends over the white line on the road. (My pet hate). Nobody drives around corners these days by the look of it.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
We do the same with people trying to park in spaces, so many really have no clue about the size of their vehicle
To be fair, with a LWB 251 “parking space” is more of a set of guidelines reslly ;)

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Got me 40 Yr on bikes started 76 on bantam. Cd175 s1 triple tz350 748r x 2 gsx1400. Still have. Took test 3 times failed ride on my foreign permits last test bike stopped itself, whilst performing slow manouvers no grey area put foot down fail, that's it, don't put foot down bike lands on u. Bike hired from riding school. Club raced 5yr a few 3rds never a win always on a min budget nip up.. bike in van go home. Now some twxx says I can't. Just do it anyway. Been down to salo 5 times didn't die or kill anyone else. F em!

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
Roundabouts aren’t the only issue. I’m fed up having to avoid drivers coming towards me cutting bends over the white line on the road. (My pet hate). Nobody drives around corners these days by the look of it.

Funny you should say that, I usually aim for people in a C class coming the other way to get the lines right... ;)

Joking aside, I agree, people do tend to ride right onto your side of the road coming the other way; even on the straights! But that's usually because they are going way too fast.

If there are no cars about and I can see clearly ahead (like on a roundabout), sure I cut across and use all the road. In fact I am one of those arrogant sods all the stress heads point at and scowl at. I move out onto the roundabout at 0.0001mph, then I take my time around it, cutting over it where it suits me, no one rushes me and then I glide past the scowling faces glaring at me to my exit. People screech around roundabouts like it's a race, and it just makes it more difficult for everyone else to get on to them; if everyone slowed down they would work so much better.

If I cannot see ahead, or if someone else is coming, I get out of the way and stay on my own side.

But it is a regular occurrence that some moron coming the other way too fast has to cut the corner and comes scary close to me. A few years back when I had the BMW E65 I lost a wing mirror on a perfectly straight country road, because some youngster in a 1 series was doing what looked to be about 70mph in the opposite direction, and could not move over enough to pass safely. He did not even brake when our mirrors crashed into one another.

People drive like maniacs on the country roads where I live, and I have lost count of the times I hear people say "that's because they are locals, and they know the roads". That's utter beeswax. They drive fast on the country roads, because they are idiots.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Will those self-driving cars slavishly follow or try to follow all the road markings.

Should be fun waiting for the Teslas having a breakdown in our towns.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
View attachment 76516
It’s a “Must” not a “Should”…;)
Apart from the private property issue, there has to be white arrows on the island around the centre white circle to make it compulsory.
HWC is not law but can be quoted in court as best practice. The arrows assuming a road order is in place is a fail to confirm & carries 3 points.

sausage

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
An offense that can result in a fine.
AFAIK the fine used to max out at £2000. Blobcat I am absolutely gob smacked at your photos.

C16RKC - I have noticed this as well, people driving fast around roundabouts which prevents others from getting on to the roundabout. And another point you make - I too lost a wing mirror (£600 ish to replace) thanks to an idiot on a narrow lane going to fast.

Other increases in selfish driving behavior I have noticed:
I see an increase in driving on the wrong side of the road (I assume touch screen controls in the car are distracting drivers leading them to wander across the white line).
Also an increase in drivers severely cutting the corners when turning right into a side road even though another car is approaching the T junction, the offender causing the other car to need to stop before the give way lines.

Also an increase recently with people who think they have right of way when turning right at a crossroads but cars on the other side are going straight ahead.

There are rules, I wish people would learn them rather than drive in complete ignorance of the rules and then blame everyone else if anything goes wrong.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Also an increase in drivers severely cutting the corners when turning right into a side road even though another car is approaching the T junction, the offender causing the other car to need to stop before the give way lines.
I meet their eye & make it obvious I'm not going to pull up short .... best done in the ML rather than the Smart ... ;)

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
An offense that can result in a fine.
AFAIK the fine used to max out at £2000. Blobcat I am absolutely gob smacked at your photos.

C16RKC - I have noticed this as well, people driving fast around roundabouts which prevents others from getting on to the roundabout. And another point you make - I too lost a wing mirror (£600 ish to replace) thanks to an idiot on a narrow lane going to fast.

Other increases in selfish driving behavior I have noticed:
I see an increase in driving on the wrong side of the road (I assume touch screen controls in the car are distracting drivers leading them to wander across the white line).

Also an increase recently with people who think they have right of way when turning right at a crossroads but cars on the other side are going straight ahead.

There are rules, I wish people would learn them rather than drive in complete ignorance of the rules and then blame everyone else if anything goes wrong.
I tend to see the opposite at roundabouts (which are there to keep traffic flowing..) ;)

- Driver pulls up, applies handbrake, checks phone for notifications, updates facebook status, takes a pic for the 'gram and swipes right a few times before glancing out of their side window... sees a car 150-200 M away so waits for them before gingerly entering the roundabout. They then either stay in the outside and go all the way around to 3rd exit (without any indications) or go onto the inside and take the 1st exit (again without indicating) - or they indicate to exit and stay on, or conversely indicate right and then turn left...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Top Bottom