Indie in Liverpool

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Just been reading their website , interesting to see that on the B service they do both a Forte engine flush , and a Forte fuel cleaner treatment .

OP
goldy

goldy

Reaction score
Website
www.goldsmithmortgages.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2019 W213
Gave me a very good quote. Much lower than main dealer. £370 against £600.
What's the general opinion? Worth the extra to keep FMBSH up or not on a car that will be 5 years old?
Obviously lose the breakdown but got RAC through bank account anyway.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
What's the general opinion? Worth the extra to keep FMBSH up or not on a car that will be 5 years old?
Not worth a penny to keep FMSH - FSH is important, ensure you have the paperywork and/or the indie updates the online service record

Salforal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 E220
Could anybody recommend an indie in and around Liverpool?

Looking for an A servicecandvauto box fluid and filter.

Thanks

Paul

Paul, depending on where in Liverpool/Merseyside you are, I can recommend S&R Motor Engineers in Formby.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
MD Motorcare will update the Mercedes Digital Service Book so you will keep the complete service record and many regard a service by an approved Indy to be better than by a Main Dealer! If you have full RAC cover (and you have £230 to play with) they should recover you to wherever you want but Mobilo will only take you to the nearest Mercedes Dealer

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Go to MD and as said your digital record will be intact , they always use genuine MB parts so your FSH will be as useful as MB service history (arguably more)

Funkyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 w212 14 plate
Go online and get a quote off Mercedes for a 12 or 24mth service plan.
For some reason it works out £s cheaper than paying upfront?
It's usually £35 a month and you get what your car is due IE if it's down for a auto box fluid change that's what you will get.
I took it out for year 4 (everything gets changed fuel/air/pollen filter and brake fluid) and year 5 (includes auto gear box fluid change) it worked out cheaper than going through an independent plus I kept the mobilo.
My year four service was priced at £605 but ended up at £420 (12x£35) was quoted more at the independents plus I spread the cost interest free.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom