Injector problems

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
leaking seals on injectors do not always chuff , my last ML 270 leaked derv past the seal because the alloy head had melted away , see what codes you get back ??

vincentfishing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270, 2003
If your still getting white smoke , unburnt fuel, unplug each injector and then reconnect after watching exhaust, the engine should run ok on 4 cylinders , do this with each injector until you hopefully notice that the smoking stops and also there is no change in engine idle or sound,,,if you have just one dodgy injector this will find it,,,, having said that one or more bad injectors will show up on a leak off test, a nozzle dripping as opposed to spraying because of wear or jammed valves or needle gives you the white smoke of overfueling, it also gives you lower rail pressure as your losing pressure from too much fuel going through injector , I would never use second hand injectors, people take them out .store them 'Dry' they gum up and the working parts jam up rust etc .etc , I bought quite a few cheap injectors second hand a while ago'guaranteed' good after wasting my time putting them in and taking them out again when connected to the rail outside the engine with the nozzle in a bottle, they didn't spray at all, when taking them apart to see inside they all were seized up internally and the valves nozzles and needles all had to be changed(They were delphis in rexton 270/(merc eng) but the principles are the same, when I also had clouds of white smoke at one point , I isolated the dripping injector disconnected the fuel feed to it blanked the diesel pipe and drove on 4 cylinders for quite a while(with smoking now stopped) before repairing injector(was a manual so don't know how auto would be affected by driving on 4 cylinders

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom