Injunctions

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
This morning at Bow County Court I was granted my application for two Injunctions against Mercedes-Benz. For those of you who are familiar with my long running sage this should be a turning point. I should have my car back next Monday:D

I have an appointment booked for an Inspection and after the inspection my car returns to me. I am looking forward to being back in the drivers seat, thats if there are no serious problems found during the inspection.

Mercedes-Benz had a Barrister and two solicitors from their legal department, its a good job the Judge did not award Costs against me, MB Costs were £2,682.75:shock:against mine of £330. £300 for the Application, £30 for the trip to Milton Keynes.

The Judge also Ordered that MB produce the "missing" letters by next Monday, they should be an interesting read, hopefully they will tell when MB knew my car was driven or not.

So, one S class off to the auctions now it has an MOT and an Inspection to prevent any breach of the Duty of Care when selling a car.

So sad, I did enjoy driving my car, even in London, so much better than hot, crowded and smelly public transport.

All I am waiting for now is my other three Claims against MB to come to Court
then I can proceed to Plan C.

MB will rue the day they lied to me:evil:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Pleased that you are getting somewhere Robert

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I must admit I admire you for your tenacity.
Well done with the judgement, such a shame that it's left you without a nice ride for so long.

I hope that you get compensation for the depreciation on a vehicle that you've had no access or enjoyment of.

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I must admit I admire you for your tenacity.
Well done with the judgement, such a shame that it's left you without a nice ride for so long.

I hope that you get compensation for the depreciation on a vehicle that you've had no access or enjoyment of.

According to MB I was awarded £500 for depredation, not bad for fours years:lol:

My hope is that through my efforts in future if there is a dispute such as mine
MB will think again, especially if my ultimate aim is achieved.

I shall find the truth eventualy and then I shall know if I was right all along about what happened to my car while in the Care of MB.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
According to MB I was awarded £500 for depredation, not bad for fours years:lol:

My hope is that through my efforts in future if there is a dispute such as mine
MB will think again, especially if my ultimate aim is achieved.

I shall find the truth eventually and then I shall know if I was right all along about what happened to my car while in the Care of MB.

Sadly Robert, £500 per calendar month would not cover it. Did the Court accept such an estimate for depreciation? Nothing would surprise me.

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sadly Robert, £500 per calendar month would not cover it. Did the Court accept such an estimate for depreciation? Nothing would surprise me.

I have no idea, the Judge gave the numbers added them together and awarded me the final sum, £10,750 as Damages.

This is why I asked MB to exchange my car for one of equal value, £27,500,
MB declined.

I wait for the Inspection next Monday with anticipation, I do not expect MB will allow me on their site, I must have upset them somehow, cannot think why:rolleyes:

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I do not expect MB will allow me on their site, I must have upset them somehow, cannot think why:rolleyes:

Surely not, the odd legal challenge plus judgments against them a mere trifle all in a days work:rolleyes::lol::lol:

Now I know why they turned down my rust claim they were building a war chest - wonder if the Mole is reading this;)

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Oh yea they wil be reading it, good on you Robert, i just wish I had your tenacity.. and ur keyboard cos mine cant spell...

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Surely not, the odd legal challenge plus judgments against them a mere trifle all in a days work:rolleyes::lol::lol:

Quite so, after all MB have a fully staffed legal department and many many years of experience of dealing with "unhappy" customers.

However, I have a very good idea what the letter contains, all I am waiting for is to have a true copy in my possession along with the other correspondence.

Knowing and proving are two very different animals.

In my submission to the Court I wrote that this correspondence "will allow further legal action in another Court".

The plot thickens:lol:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom