Insurance renewal

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
My insurance comes up for renewal in a couple of days. Had a quote for £407 from current insurer. Logged on to www.confused.com to see if any better deals were available.
Got a quote for £343 from same insurer!
I called them up to make sure there were no strings. Was told that this was the online price and no strings.
Lesson here is always shop around every year.
Jay

Chris_J

Reaction score
My renewal came through the other week at £600 so shopped around and could get it for about £520. I made a call to the insurer to say I'll not be renewing and could I have proof of no claims etc, they said let's see what we can do, and I got it for £500 so stuck with them.

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
Do be aware that Confused.com will automatically do a credit search on you.

I do not know why, whether it is to exclude bad payers ?

Balal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R230
Do be aware that Confused.com will automatically do a credit search on you.

I do not know why, whether it is to exclude bad payers ?

Thats is not financially feasable for confused.com to do it as I believe you have to even pay £2 for a basic credit search ... and under the data protection act (or privacy act - one of them ) they have to tell you before they do a search aaaaaaaand would they not need like 3 years previous address and stuff for credit search?!?!? (just a thought)

Timechaser

Reaction score
Best I found was Privilege - even after trying to shop online. 5 years NCD, 2 years license - Norwich Union was £2,930, RAC Direct was £1,900 and Privilege were £1,200. My car is the highest possible group!

ivanslk

Reaction score
Insurance

I have just insured my SLK and paid only £320 fully comp, protected for me and the wife, this was with Privilege Insurance. My previous insurance was with Admiral, who came up with £389 for this year. As they say shop around each year.

Balal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R230
I got mine from kwikfit ... I was surprised to see how cheap they are. Its about 430ish for fully comp for my clk 230k ... thats including travel to and from work aaaaaand courtesy car and all other usual things.

Norwich union sent me a renewal quote of 900.... increase of 500 in a year , i didnt even made a single claim in last 8 years :(.. confused and money supermarket were giving cheap quotes but when you go in details of them they turn out to be more expensive(my experience)...

J

jon_harley

Best I found was Privilege - even after trying to shop online. 5 years NCD, 2 years license - Norwich Union was £2,930, RAC Direct was £1,900 and Privilege were £1,200. My car is the highest possible group!

Privilege must like CLK cabrios, they were the cheapest for me too. Mind you, I only pay about £400 for mine. 3 years and an AMG badge sure make a lot of difference.

S

steve1960

Privilege

My other half was already with Privilege when we changed the Audi tt Roadster for the CLK 320 Cabriolet. Insurance premium, excess etc stayed the same BUT they have insisted a tracker is fitted.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom