Interesting Speed Limit Theory

LSD

Reaction score
I have to agree with much of that Simon. As drivers and travellers in one form or another, most of us are of course affected by and embroiled in the ground level changes made to the road and transport systems, all attended by the tired old safety mantra (which sadly automatically quashes enough peoples' motivation to think logically, hence the never ending inculcation).

The high-level policies and their real intentions however have very little to do with anything operational or safety related - it's a much bigger picture.

xavierx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
Argh Simon, see my previous rant about the A583 :(

By the way, did you know that Blackpool has the most densely positioned speed cameras in the whole of the UK. I once counted the number of speed cameras I had to pass through to get from my house (by Blackpool Mercedes) to the local van hire company .. and it was a shocking 13!

Near my house there is a road with 5 cameras in a row in the space of maybe a quarter of a mile (i will check on my odometer next time) for anyone who doesn't know this road, you must be imagining that I am talking about a road with 3 schools on it and a blind bend? ... NOPE.... I am talking about a straight dual carriage way that merges from 30mph into the M55 motorway

Last edited:

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
xavierx...
You are very local to me..
It would be good to meet up for a moan and chat if you wish..

Hope to see you soon mate,

Simon

xavierx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
lol, I look forward to joining you in moaning about the A583 at somepoint in the future :)

Top Bottom