Interior Lights and Parktronic System Faults

E280 Rob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 Elegance 2006 3L Diesel Facelift
Hi. Just bought an E280 last week, the 2006 facelift model and have a few issues to sort out. Got it at a decent price so can't complain really. Electrics wise I have two problems, any suggestions would be much appreciated.
The interior roof lights don't work at all, ambient, reading, normal overhead lights do nothing at all.
Also the Parktronic system doesn't work, it constantly turns itself off and when I try turning itself on for parking it beeps, lights up two red lights on each side but doesn't warn me when I'm nearing an object and then quickly turns itself off again. Am I missing something or is this likely to be a faulty sensor or is there another stock fault with these?
Thanks in advance for any help!

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
The parking sensors are more than likely down to one or more being faulty, best to have the car hooked up to STAR at an Indy and find which one is faulty, STAR is the diagnostic software used to read Mercedes faults and about the only only that will read all faults correctly.

They will also be able to look at the the overhead lights aren't working but I'd suspect that just a blown fuse? Although does your car have a sun roof by chance?

OP
E

E280 Rob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Matty, thanks, I'll investigate local indi's for someone with STAR, might be good to get a complete check on the car anyway.
No sunroof on this car. I'll check the fuses today, hopefully that's all it is.

OP
E

E280 Rob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That would be good. Kilmarnock in Ayrshire here. Had a few less than ideal encounters with local garages in the past with other cars. Always appreciate a recommendation!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
HK Autotek in Stevenston or further away Merparts port Glasgow have been mentioned positively on here in the past....

OP
E

E280 Rob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks. Will pop into Stevenson soon and get it put on STAR. Checked the fuses but they all look ok, several fuses listed on the sheet for interior and ambiant lights, all look fine but fuse 7 (15A) is missing, no idea if it's ever been filled (as usual there are a few blank fuse holders)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom