Intermittent power loss

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
As in the title, over the last 20,000 miles my SL55 has experienced a strange loss of power which I have misdiagnosed at large costs and it doesn't show any faults on star. The dealers are unable to test drive because this strange power loss only was evident about 70mph and above of higher revs. This issue has been becoming more and more regular resulting in performance equal to my 99bhp old classic and it is very embarrassing when trying to enter a motorway. It also feels like the throttle butterfly slowly closes at the same time as you floor the accelerator pedal. Another symptom is the car will keep accelerating after I lift off the throttle pedal but only for a second or two, this can be accompanied by a massive thump through the drivetrain which is very alarming.
What I think is needed is someone who has a rolling road and AMG experience to check out what on the earth could be happening with my car?
I am coming up to 30,000 miles of ownership and it would be great to have this intermittent issue sorted.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

OP
00slk

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Car is booked in to Speed Ministry on Monday, fingers crossed :)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom