1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone 4 pairing issue

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by srt, Nov 30, 2012.

1. srt

srt Guest

Hi,
    I have an older MB Bluetooth cradle B6 787 5877.
    Ive tried connecting my Iphone 4 to it but only get as far as the iphone recognizes MB telephone system and - - - pairing but the command screen says "please insert phone":confused:
    Any ideas as to what is wrong - ?
    Seems like command is confused by something - I sure am:(
    Suppose its a new cradle required?
    Car is a C class w203 with command retro-fitted by Comand :)
    Iphone has latest software.
    Thanks for any ideas.
    Stuart.

2. NW_Merc

NW_Merc Banned

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes W202
    Try pairing the iphone to another appliance with bluetooth and then you can rule it out as causing a problem. The iphone and bluetooth dont pair easily and can be temperamental, well done Steve Jobs.

3. OP
    srt

srt Guest

Paired ok with my pc - so what now:(

4. whitenemesis

whitenemesis Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS55 AMG '05
  5. OP
    srt

srt Guest

Hi whitenemisis and thanks for the link but I have seen it before and it just refers to the latest bluetooth cradle B6 788 0000.
    I saw elswhere over on Comands website that MB seem to think the older model I have should work too - unless I got that wrong:(
    Its just the comand message about inserting phone:confused:
    thats got me. The phone shows the mb system is seen but wont pair - Thinking back - my phone wasnt fully charged so will go try that tomorrow.
    Anyone else have any ideas :Oops:
    Thanks.

6. Rob law

Rob law Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS 320
    I phone pairing

I have had the same problem and have been unable to connect. command finds phone but will not pair. However on a recent post it was posted that all the command cradle codes are 62872 . When home at Christmas I will try using this code as I have been using 1234 or 0000 suggest you try the code and good luck

7. OP
    srt

srt Guest

Thanks Rob. Trouble is I dont get the option to enter a code on the phone:(
    Going to have another fiddle around a bit later.
    I wondered if my connecting my Iphone to the ipod adapter in the glove box may have some bearing on things. I used it once to play some music on the phone and it worked of a fashion. I was able to shuffle through some tracks etc.
    Cheers.

8. The Pan Man

The Pan Man Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
    However on a recent post it was posted that all the command cradle codes are 62872.

I can confirm this as it was used on my new car yesterday.

9. OP
    srt

srt Guest

Well ive just been out fiddling and GLORY BE it WORKS:D
    I took a Nokia along which I used before and knew worked and got that paired and entered the code and that worked so I then tried the Iphone (fully charged) and did the same but you know what? I think I am just a dummy with Iphones as I forgot to TAP the MB system before - did it this time and bingo the code request pops up - entered it and now connected - great:)
    Thank you all for your wellcome input and have a great weekend:cool:
    Stuart.