Ipod charging. Fix anyone?

stuey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 komp se coupe, W203
Hey people just wondering if anyone has heard anything or know anything on if theres going to be a way of charging the new ipods of the ipod car kit, ive got a 4 generation nano and it does not charge because mercedes lowered the voltage from 12v to 5v, i thought i saw someone mention about apple apparantly ammending the situation by bringing out a piece of kit?

type49

Reaction score
There is a modified lead from interface to ipod to allow charging + certain minor functions. This is only needed on 4th generation pods.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Thats interesting type49. Where do we get this lead/info from?

type49

Reaction score
Thats interesting type49. Where do we get this lead/info from?

Lead is from Mercs, info from "TIPS" online Merc info site (security passport)......... I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you:lol::lol::shock:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Thats ok type49 I still have my password current - will check it out. Thanks very much

OP
S

stuey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 komp se coupe, W203
good stuff thanks for the info type49 im glad the have found a solution to it, also what did you mean by certain minor functions?

type49

Reaction score
Part number for modified lead to charge 4th gen ipods.... B67824531

Check with MB first though, as there are a few versions that this does not apply to. Also, just be aware that this is not a warranty issue, due to it being Apple that are making the changes & Mercedes are just trying to keep up with it all.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom