iPod/MP3 connection

mkg988

Reaction score
Hi,
More advice please, and I'm sure its been asked before, but I can't find the answer!

I have a 2006 W220, and I would like to fit an Aux connection so I can connect Ipod/MP3 player. What do I need, (leads and part Nos. of possible), to achieve this?

I currently don't have a TV tuner on the comand so I can't connect up to that, but is there some way of connecting directly to the comand in the dash?

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05
Do you have a jack socket in the glove box like the W203's with COMAND have?

OP
M

mkg988

Reaction score
Hi,
No I don't have a socket in the glove box, but there is a blanking plate over a whole where i suspect it would be! And on the Comand menu the MP3 option is gryed out, which suggests that the required bits aren't there.

barry jones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016, LWB W222 AMG Line S-Class S350d - W415 Citan Van too :)
I think the MP3 CD that is blanked out, just needs activating, my 54 W220 has the feature activated and it works fine. I suspect that the blanked out piece in the glove box is where the 3.5mm jack used to be on my 03 plate. (that had the CD based navigation system unlike the 54 and 06 ones we have now which has the separate DVD in the boot. Not sure if the jack can be fitted to the DVD type comand

You could try one of the FM modulator type IPod transmitters, not brilliant but do the job. I use the MP3 feature a lot now, just burn a disk in itunes and pop it in and hours of music on one didk

Baz

esmail

Reaction score
ive just bouight a clk 55 reg 2.2 avant garde. says its got aux in the glovebox in spec also says in the book i can even press the button to get it onto aux but i just dont know where the connection is. Says its suppose to be in the glove box but ive had a look but cant find it! Any help??

Esmail

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom