iPod noise problem with Audio 20 interface cable

C

cj1739

Hello.
I've just picked up a new B-class and think there's a problem with the audio.
I've got the Audio 20 system with bluetooth and USB/interface cables in the centre armrest.
When I connect my 4th generation iPod via the 30 pin interface cable in the center armrest I can hear clicks and pops in the background of my music. It's like listening to an old LP :mad:
I've played the iPod on my home stereo and it's ok, so the problem isn't with the iPod.
I've played the same iPod in the car via bluetooth, and it's ok.
But my preferred connection is via the cable, as it gives more control and shows the album covers, but the pops & clicks are very annoying and distracting.
Does anyone have any idea of the cause and the cure?
Hope I've explained this ok.
Many thanks

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
Have you tried another ipod or iphone?

I am sure someone in the dealer will have one.

Sounds like the media interface if borked.

OP
N

npuk

Go to dealer try another cable.

OP
C

cj1739

Hi and thanks for the responses so far.
I didn't have a chance to contact the dealer this morning. But I've just borrowed a friends older (3rd generation) iPod touch, it was fine. So may not be the cable causing the problem. But if it's my iPod, why do I only get the problem in the car - it's perfect when played through my home hi-fi?
Thanks.

OP
C

cj1739

Hello again.
Just in case anyone else has a similar problem, I seem to have found a solution on an Apple users forum.
The fix seems to be to turn on Airplane Mode, and turn off all Notifications.
Worked for me.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom