Is mercedes pulling a fast one on my dpf

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Dont shoot me for mentioning an inferior make on here:alien: but wife,s Santa Fe has had issues since start of summer with flashing engine light. Its been with dealer for the third time now. left it in last Monday and its still there, changed sensors this time and no joy now they have raised a technical case with Hyundai so DPF off for inspection start of incoming week and possibly new one fitted under warranty thankfully if thats the problem and Hyundai authorize it. Hoping that sorts the issue out as dealers is an hours drive from home. Up to now I believed DPF,s were for the greater good, But now im happy to get a work around ;) after Hyundai warranty runs out in January if the issue reappears

you and plenty others. if this emissions stuff was better priced i and most others would keep at it. we are just in a barrel getting shot at by makers at the moment ...

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I’m just glad I went petrol last time :)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
My personal feeling is that if you aren't prepared to maintain emissions systems as they should be it's pretty irresponsible. Diesel owners enjoy significant fuel consumption benefits compared to petrol owners, the downside being potential increased cost in cleaning up all the rubbish diesel fuels produce. If a diesel owner isn't prepared to do the right thing with the emissions systems they shouldn't buy a diesel.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
My personal feeling is that if you aren't prepared to maintain emissions systems as they should be it's pretty irresponsible. Diesel owners enjoy significant fuel consumption benefits compared to petrol owners, the downside being potential increased cost in cleaning up all the rubbish diesel fuels produce. If a diesel owner isn't prepared to do the right thing with the emissions systems they shouldn't buy a diesel.

Petrol heads taking the moral high ground against us diesel heads?:D

Eddie fh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class 2017 220d
Dpf of ppf are now fitted to new petrol cars from 2017-2018 depending on make and model vag and kia now fit as new models come out

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Interesting that the OP has not returned to the post since some curiousty has been thrown about about the circumstances, OP we are waiting!

Bogus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 230E 1992. BMW X3 2.0 d. X drive 2012
Interesting that the OP has not returned to the post since some curiousty has been thrown about about the circumstances, OP we are waiting!

Not sure Id bother coming back either after Id more or less been accused of being a liar.

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
The trouble is that no one knows what work has been done on the car previously, only the previous owner. So I can see the op’s thinking but I can also see the garages point too.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Dpf of ppf are now fitted to new petrol cars from 2017-2018 depending on make and model vag and kia now fit as new models come out
My car and my wife's Mini Cooper both have GPFs. They work very differently to DPFs and are much smaller because they have far less work to do. You never notice a regeneration.

For anyone who wants some further reading about GPFs, this is quite a good article to skim through:
https://www.infineuminsight.com/en-gb/articles/passenger-cars/gasoline-particulate-filters/

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom