Is there a DVLA Online Link that proves you have a Licence?

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
Hi Everyone,

Lost my UK driving licence, only one I have here, so just asked for a new one from the DVLA. Does anyone know how long it takes to arrive? I have some fmaily visiting in 2 weeks so hoping before then.

Also is there a DVLA site that can verify licence from name/address etc i can give the police in case I am stopped here. As I'm in Spain they have no way to verify if I have a licence or not so I suppose could technically impound car/stop me driving if pulled over. Unlikely but would be good to have a way to prove of a UK licence if it did happen.

OP
D

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
Thanks, I don't have the number unfortunately, anyway to find it? Likelihood of being stopped is practically 0 but be good to have the most ammunition if I'm stopped miles away from home!! TBH the police are unlikely to understand the UK website anyway...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom