Is this a service A?

kheath74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/1989/300CE
As some may have read in a previous post, I had my S320 serviced at a Stratstone non Merc dealer, I had the MOT and brake disks and pads changed and the oil and oil filters. Now does this count as a service A? I have 2600 left on the ASSYST for this, so do I need to reset the ASSYST now I have had this service done?

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Thats all there is to the A service, If you are using non MB mehanic then the ASSYST is only there to tell you when the service is due next, So you should follow the instructions from the DIY section and reset the ASSYST or call your local repairer to help you reset it.

Last edited:
OP
K

kheath74

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/1989/300CE
Thanks for the confirmation, I thought from reading up this was all there was to the service, I have the document on the reset from the DIY so will reset it tomorrow!

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
If you put your car detail in here: http://lite.servicemercedes.co.uk it will tell what work needs to be done for the service.

But really, A and B services are oil changes and some checks, the checks being a bit more in-depth on the B service. The pollen filter is also changed on the B service.

What you have to be careful of is that Mercedes adds all sorts of additional work based on age and or mileage. Things like brake fluid every 2 years, fuel and air filters (interval varies) etc. But if your car is out of the Mercedes network for servicing anyway, then you can please yourself and do the work as you feel necessary rather than be dicatated to by Mercedes.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
What you have to be careful of is that Mercedes adds all sorts of additional work based on age and or mileage. Things like brake fluid every 2 years, fuel and air filters (interval varies) etc. But if your car is out of the Mercedes network for servicing anyway, then you can please yourself and do the work as you feel necessary rather than be dictated to by Mercedes.

Good points Rory - and when you apply discretion, "when you feel necessary" could mean sooner, not necessarily always later - although there will be many items which you can choose to do less frequently without a problem.

Top Bottom