It's what Saturdays used to be like.

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
We must have Peter!
I rolled mum's Mini when I was 15 (got a right bollocking!) passed my test when I was 16 (Dad made me wait following the Mini episode!) first car 12 months on and a year later after a rebuilt engine in the first car bought my Cooper S.
Number 8 was the fixing of choice (though mild steel welding wire is pretty good too and was the fixing of choice for fuel lines!)

At the age of 13 I got a job in the local sawmill at weekends. I went out with the foresters and I learned how to use a two foot chainsaw and lop the branches off dropped trees. (No PPE or H&S then) I was the driver's mate in the crane lorry. My job was to pull the rope when the driver shouted. Only when I learned to ride a motorbike a couple of years later, did I learn that I was operating the clutch.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I envy you all, I spend most Saturdays driving my wife to various shops so she can indulge her hobby of spending our nest egg.

Sometimes though she meets up with friends so I can do what I do most of the week when she works.

Robin

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I envy you all, I spend most Saturdays driving my wife to various shops so she can indulge her hobby of spending our nest egg.

Sometimes though she meets up with friends so I can do what I do most of the week when she works.

Robin

I accompany my wife shopping on either a Friday night or a Saturday morning and provide the annoyance factor, lol.

Seriously, my job is to carry the messages up the stairs and help put them away.

Then, IT'S MY TIME!!!

The car either gets whatever needs done mechanically, service, brakes, whatever.... or washed, dried, and polished. I can spent 3 or 4 hours getting it just the way I want it.

OCD is a terrible curse, lol. :D

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom