I've bought a CL500 (2000)

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
Looks nice....i hope you have much fun...

Took my CL out in the snow yesterday, it was great, i think due to its weight!

The CL's are the bargain of the century at the moment, after looking at lots of others cars (XJR's, M5, S8,etc) i have decided my next car can only be an upgrade to a late CL55 (W215) as they are very, very hard to better at the money they are changing hands for.....particulary if you only do low miles per annum![/QUOTE

Slightly off topic, but the S8 is one hell of a car. Out of the three mentioned, i would without reflection go for the S8 hands down. Am not after too much BHP, but priviledge the luxury interior and quattro of Audi. I drive the regular A8 D3 and believe me Audi has the nicest interior as far as automobile construction is concerned. :D

OP
S

Stuart27

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cl500 2000
Well folks!

Finally got the CL500 this morning and had a nice drive down the M3. What a stunning car......it's 11 years old, but has been extremely well cared for. Can't believe how much car for relatively little money. I would go as far as saying it's better than the jag xjr I just sold. The cl doesn't have the outright power and pace of the xjr, but as a useable car it is better imho.

I do need a sat nav cd, which was unfortunately missing. I've had a look in eBay but northern Ireland only it seems! Anyone know where I could get one?

Sbb

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
Looks nice....i hope you have much fun...

Took my CL out in the snow yesterday, it was great, i think due to its weight!

The CL's are the bargain of the century at the moment, after looking at lots of others cars (XJR's, M5, S8,etc) i have decided my next car can only be an upgrade to a late CL55 (W215) as they are very, very hard to better at the money they are changing hands for.....particulary if you only do low miles per annum![/QUOTE

Slightly off topic, but the S8 is one hell of a car. Out of the three mentioned, i would without reflection go for the S8 hands down. Am not after too much BHP, but priviledge the luxury interior and quattro of Audi. I drive the regular A8 D3 and believe me Audi has the nicest interior as far as automobile construction is concerned. :D

CL55 AMG, 500BHP supercar....hmm i think slightly better then a S8 IMHO....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well folks!

Finally got the CL500 this morning and had a nice drive down the M3. What a stunning car......it's 11 years old, but has been extremely well cared for. Can't believe how much car for relatively little money. I would go as far as saying it's better than the jag xjr I just sold. The cl doesn't have the outright power and pace of the xjr, but as a useable car it is better imho.

I do need a sat nav cd, which was unfortunately missing. I've had a look in eBay but northern Ireland only it seems! Anyone know where I could get one?

Sbb

You can buy the latest disc from Tele Atlas direct £115

OP
S

Stuart27

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cl500 2000
Malcolm.....thanks for that.

I take it that the latest 2011/2012 cd will be compatible with the 2000 system.

It says so on the cover of the disc so I'mn assuming this will be ok.

sbb

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
Well folks!

Sbb

Alternatively, you can download it and burn it on a DVD and save yourself the money :)

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom