I've never known time go so slow

Mp302044

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a new C Class sport estate in tenorite grey, being built by those nice people in Bremen, and I'm due to collect it on the 30th September. The time isn't half dragging. It's my first MB, I never thought I'd ever own one, but when they're prepared to sell me one for less than a new Picasso, well Happy Days!
I'll post some pictures when I get it.
:D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Ouch that is 4 weeks away,,what are you going to do in that 4 weeks

OP
M

Mp302044

Reaction score
Prey that nothing untoward happens to my car which I'm trading in, and work out how I'm going to explain to the missus that I'll want to sleep in it for the first week. Is it ok for a grown man to be excited about getting a new car?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Prey that nothing untoward happens to my car which I'm trading in, and work out how I'm going to explain to the missus that I'll want to sleep in it for the first week. Is it ok for a grown man to be excited about getting a new car?

OK it was not new when I bought my SL but it was not very old either,, after the 200 mile trip home I slept in the car the first night,,just to make it feel at home, so you know that you can if you want to ;):D

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
OK it was not new when I bought my SL but it was not very old either,, after the 200 mile trip home I slept in the car the first night,,just to make it feel at home, so you know that you can if you want to ;):D

somehow, im not surprised by that. cant think why...................... :lol::lol::lol:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Speaking from my own feelings, i love going to pick up a new car,

The only time i wasn't was when i traded my C320 for the one i have now, Gave it a good blast down the dual carriageway on the way into Salisbury Merc, much to Sam's disgust!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have only ever had one new car,that was a VW van in 1960

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I have had 2 brand new R,class, 2 brand new vitos, 1 new sprinter, and one new 18 tonne DAF 3300 recovery truck!! All company motors!!

dolphinhouse

Reaction score
End of September - lucky you!

Mine will be ready for collection then as well - but due to whole family wanting to come I've got to wait until Oct 26th before I can actually make the trip to Bremen.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Speaking from my own feelings, i love going to pick up a new car,

The only time i wasn't was when i traded my C320 for the one i have now, Gave it a good blast down the dual carriageway on the way into Salisbury Merc, much to Sam's disgust!!
It was very mixed feelings when I took my previous E320 to pick up my current one, looking forward to the new one but knowing I was going to be saying goodbye to an excellent car. I gave it a good blast around the M4 to the M5 junction as a final tribute.

OP
M

Mp302044

Reaction score
End of September - lucky you!

Mine will be ready for collection then as well - but due to whole family wanting to come I've got to wait until Oct 26th before I can actually make the trip to Bremen.

Wow, your wait's even worse than mine. I thought about going to pick it up from the factory but the missus wasn't interested, can you believe it!!

At least it's September now, I can at last see the collection date on the calendar.

What are you getting?

dolphinhouse

Reaction score
Wow, your wait's even worse than mine. I thought about going to pick it up from the factory but the missus wasn't interested, can you believe it!!

At least it's September now, I can at last see the collection date on the calendar.

What are you getting?
Ahh.. well we've not had a holiday this year, so a brief road trip through Europe seemed like the perfect answer (although a bit expensive at +£30k, but then I do get a nice souvenir to bring home).

I've got a C220 Auto CDI Elegance Estate on order, with COMAND, Heated Seats, Parktronic, and Intelligent Lights.

Customer Collection team have now been in touch - just waiting until the car it actually built (22nd Sep), before confirming all the travel arrangements.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d

That is always a worry isn't it :shock:

I'm sure there are lots of men who would like to sleep in their new car and get so excited about it too ;)

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
That is always a worry isn't it :shock:

I'm sure there are lots of men who would like to sleep in their new car and get so excited about it too ;)

i seem to remember one very prominent member saying he DID sleep in his car when he first got it! im mentioning no names though. not even the model that he bought!

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Only 5 days to go.

dolphinhouse

Reaction score
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya Tomorrow!

Don't know what I'm getting excited about - it's not even my car....

I've still got 4 weeks to go - will my MB still love me - given that it's been sat at the Factory since 12th September :(

Anyway by this time on 27th October I will be (hopefully) on my way back to blighty with Boris....

C

creepy coupe

Hi,
I've got a new C Class sport estate in tenorite grey, being built by those nice people in Bremen, and I'm due to collect it on the 30th September. The time isn't half dragging. It's my first MB, I never thought I'd ever own one, but when they're prepared to sell me one for less than a new Picasso, well Happy Days!
I'll post some pictures when I get it.
:D

Only one day to go MP302044, bet you won't sleep tonight.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
i seem to remember one very prominent member saying he DID sleep in his car when he first got it! im mentioning no names though. not even the model that he bought!

Now I am curious as to who that was :confused:

Top Bottom