Jeremy Corbyn.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Ok we are talking the same just you're presenting it differently.

You do a number of iterations of a plan and then present for approval. So you have minimal need to change once approved. Understand that

BUT

My point was you don't get given a task, think up a plan and make no changes whatsoever.

The difference is your calling it the plan when in effect it could be plan V1.6 (if it's only had minor changes before presents for approval) or V4.6 if it's had major revisions.

If you didn't ever change you would never have to have any meetings and need approval. ;)

So as I said. Your plans have changed somewhat prior to submission for approval.

The only difference with mine and your planning is that we have to change on the fly.

It happens in all walks of life. As an example the A1 to Leeming Bar upgrade. The planning has had to change several times due to archeological finds. This is despite thorough GPR surveys of the area.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
And very interesting what those digs turned up too.

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Of the many many meetings I have had over the decades the "plan" so often stays in the bag the bigger the decisions made.
The lower down the scale I was in life the more the "plan" mattered.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
They said there were some old fossils and your sense of humour ;)

You see an old fossil every time you look in the mirror chap! I'm sure GBOWR will be knocking on the door for an interview soon!

I think part of Corbyn's problem (aside from what has already been mentioned) is that he would look disheveled in a Saville Row suit!

But for some that is part of the appeal as it means he's in tune with the working classes.....allegedly.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
He does have the "dipped in glue and dragged backwards through an Oxfam window" look. That doesn't help the optics, although I suspect with Corbyn the look is deliberate (whether consciously so or not). I guess it's calculated to appeal to scruffy oiks and I'm sure it works for a few. To me it makes me wonder, if he can't dress appropriately for his job how can he act so?

Anyway. At least I only see an old fossil in the mirror, you see one every time you pull your kecks down ;)

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
Sorry, bit late to this one but when did plans become hopes and when did hope die and become just a plan? :lol:

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Brilliant Teresa May and her ministers cannot even handle an IT cyber attack by Putin and you guys seem to think she is the one who should be in charge when there is a Security attack.
Admittedly the NHS is running an outdated computer system, and I'm sure she will find a way of blaming Jeremy for that.
Just wait for many more of these before the election is over...
I don't believe many government (or opposition members) can be expected to "handle" a cyber attack.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I don't believe many government (or opposition members) can be expected to "handle" a cyber attack.

Just goes to show how poorly prepared they are! I ask you! ;)

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
I've come to the conclusion you're sharing your login with PRW.

This particular attack affected 104 countries!

Renault were affected in France
Dacia were affected in Romania
Nissan in Sunderland were affected
NHS worse affected
Russian banks were affected (around 60% of the infected computers were in Russia)
Deutsche Bahn were affected

You have heard the saying 'it's better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt' haven't you?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
From your 'angry' response, I can see you are the sort of guy who would ask questions first,
Don't know prw personally so sharing my login with him would kinda not be my thing...
Just because i don't agree with your politics there is no need to try and lambaste me, you don't know me, so keep it civil.
Using Cameron or Maybe tactics of doing down your opponents is never a good way to begin or end a discussion. It may work well well for them, but has no effect on my good self. So... make your point and leave it at that.
I could give you examples of the shoot first policy, but you probably would dismiss them as well.
I used it only as an example of how things tend to get screwed up when big money is riding on continuing conflict.
And as said PRW is innocent so bring him back I say.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Well they could try updating the system that is currently in use by the NHS. They could also back up all sytsems with a stand alone system that isn't online... which would mean all hospitals could continue to work and operate.
Always remember what we don't believe is usually the way it happens.
Can you imagine how well they would cope if it it was a potential Armageddon situation.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Just realised I missed a few zeros on my 12PB.. I said 12000GB when I should have said 12,000,000GB (thought it looked odd!).

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
From your 'angry' response, I can see you are the sort of guy who would ask questions first,
Don't know prw personally so sharing my login with him would kinda not be my thing...
Just because i don't agree with your politics there is no need to try and lambaste me, you don't know me, so keep it civil.
Using Cameron or Maybe tactics of doing down your opponents is never a good way to begin or end a discussion. It may work well well for them, but has no effect on my good self. So... make your point and leave it at that.
I could give you examples of the shoot first policy, but you probably would dismiss them as well.
I used it only as an example of how things tend to get screwed up when big money is riding on continuing conflict.

LOLOLOL

If you think that's an angry response I really do feel for you! It takes an awful lot to get me angry, my ex fat useless cake munching C**t of an ex wife never managed it. So you most certainly wouldn't. If we ever meet in person you'll understand that.

Just as you point out I don't know you. You also don't know me. I do however know a hell of a lot more about the British military than you ever will. I did not lambaste you at all. I pointed out, in a round about way, that saying the military tend to shoot first ask questions later is categorically wrong. At no point did I say it doesn't happen, yes there have been isolated incidents in the past, unfortunately it happens. The British military at least go to great lengths to ensure any armed confrontation is a last resort and then use courageous restraint when doing so.

I don't know what you found so uncivilised about my post? Just as you are entitled to disagree with me I am also entitled to disagree with you. If you can't have an adult discussion then don't comment.

I would however like to hear your examples, outside of ****** Sunday (which was an isolated incident) where the British Military have tended to operate a shoot first ask questions later policy. Remember I'm after policy and not a couple of isolated incidents.

If my comment about being thought a fool etc upset you. Then maybe you should research facts before posting wild sweeping statements. You then wouldn't make yourself look a fool. Also be magnanimous enough to admit when you've got it wrong. If I'm ever proved wrong I will always admit it. After all I'm not the font of all knowledge, nor do I think I am.

I will express an opinion. If someone shows me my opinion is flawed I will admit so and change it to be an informed one.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

That struck me as pretty unemotional rather than angry.

No please do give examples. I'd be really interested to see them.

There are two sources of revenue during conflict. External arms sales, and resource exploitation. Arms sales can only go on for so long (until foreign currency or precious metals reserves of one side or t'other dry up), and resource extraction in a shooting war is problematic to say the least. So big money tends towards ENDING conflict, otherwise it rapidly becomes small money.

Was he innocent of what got him banned?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K

Incorrect. He was an out and out troll and pushed the button once too often.
If he had any input when discussing cars and the MB brand, there may have been some wriggle room, but this forum was simply a vehicle for him to cause friction at every opportunity. Good riddance.

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Chaps - calm down& debate in a civilised manner please

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Chaps - calm down& debate in a civilised manner please

I haven't seen anything that's uncivilised so far? Not in the last few pages anyway.

Maybe I'm missing something??

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
You do understand that NO plan ever in existence in any form of it (commercial, government, military, industrial etc) has ever stayed at plan V1.0!

The whole point of a plan is to have an outline. You then adapt the plan to whatever comes that means it requires change.

If you stick to V1.0 rigidly you will at best muddle through with a unfavourable outcome. At worst and most likely your plan will fail!

Unless someone has a crystal ball then EVERY plan changes. Sometimes those changes mean scrapping the plan altogether.
Wow,

I feel so much better now. From what you say, Mrs May's U-Turns including the absolute creme de la creme conversion from 'remain' to 'leave' and frequently repeated denials that she would call a general election are all part of her "outline" plan, then? So I've been wrong all along and she does have a plan, then!

- So moving on... should "undecided" voters be swayed by her promises?

Top Bottom