Juddering when pulling away E220 2004 please help if you can

chrisy5555

Reaction score
Hello sorry to be a pest

I have a E220 cdi 2004 and lately when pulling away sometimes it judders
ive noticed its not when you floor it but when pulling away normally, and usually when your turning slightly, i think it it was a petrol it would be the air flow meter but with it being a diesel i am thinking more like gearbox

i have had the oil changed not long ago, before this problem so dont think it will be that.

it has 114000 miles on the clock and has been serviced regular

please dont say i need a new gearbox or anything that bad because there is a chance i could vomet on my laptop :confused:

My mate has a c220 and i was in his the other day his does it only 10 times worse than mine and has done for the past 3 years and no one can fix his problem.

thanks guys

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The engine mounts are often overlooked, the diesel is a heavy lump and when one or more fails it throws the drive train out of line

OP
C

chrisy5555

Reaction score
mmm never thought of that ill get them checked

the mounts would have been checked in my mates c220 and his still does it do you think gear box? his is a semi auto (whip lash gearbox) but when pulling away his is terrible.

are there any other ways you can tell if the engine mounts are broken?

thanks television

M.B.S.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class, Mitsi Evo 5
Hi. The mount that supports the gearbox over a period of time saggs and sits to low also as Malcolm said the engine mounts are often over looked they are oil filled and can fail internally but for what it costs have the gearbox mount replaced

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
If you had the oil changed before this problem, was the required amount put back in, also its possible the gearbox ecu may be harbering a few fault codes, so maybe worth getting those items checked as well..

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom