Jump Start Point foe E320 2003 Model

vindaloot

Reaction score
Hi, I want to try to jump start my 03 plate E320 CDI.

I've been told that I should not connect the leads to the battery which is in the boot, but instead use a jump start point under the bonnet.

Any idea where this may be for my car?

Also the reason for jump-starting it is it was sho

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would take care on the 211 the front battery is for the SBC only and nothing to do with starting,,you use the rear one unlike the 230 that uses the front

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Is this a W211?

Is there not a positive post in the engine bay, in a little box like on the W210 for attaching the positive lead to when jump starting Malcolm?

On the 210 E class its a little black box on the nearside wing with a big red cross on top. There's an earthing post on the wing next to it.

Then attach the earth/negative lead to the engine hoist point or the earthing post on the wing.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is this a W211?

Is there not a positive post in the engine bay, in a little box like on the W210 for attaching the positive lead to when jump starting Malcolm?

On the 210 E class its a little black box on the nearside wing with a big red cross on top. There's an earthing post on the wing next to it.

Then attach the earth/negative lead to the engine hoist point or the earthing post on the wing.

The 211 does not have this box as far as I know

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Really? *Exclamation!*

What does the manual suggest, surely not attaching to the battery?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Yes - really!!! I was shocked when I couldn't find one on mine. The battery is a bugger to get at on the 211 too! Ok, you don't need to remove the rear seat swab but you do have to dismantle half the boot.
As for where to attach the leads, actually I don't know. I used the battery posts but then I was charging someone else. I believe the key rule is to have the headlights on when you connect to soak up any power spike?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom