Just Been Converted.

jetski

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
RS 250 Megane
Hi all, First time post from a newly converted fan. My last 10 years have been all Renaults, the car I just sold was a 2006 Renault sport 225 Megane hot hatch and loved it no problems at all, so now I've just purchased a 2004 CLK320 initial impressions is I love it, I've read loads of useful information on here (thanks to you guys) and think with it being a 2004 model I've steered away from the problems that could occur, the one area I think that lets the MB's down is the quality of the alloys and rusty wheel nuts but other than that I cant really fault. Anyway first question the 3rd brake light on the boot lid on mine is broken on the top edge and a bit missing, I've looked on line and ebay for a replacement but with no luck so far, is this a part that usually has to be purchased from the main dealer and approx how much and how easy to fit yourself. Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome to the forum. you could try "euromerc" for the high brake light switch, it is an MB thing only, sometimes on Ebay.

G

Geezer

It is a well known fault with the CLK 3rd brake light lense cracking. I got MB to replace mine FoC as have others. Google for it and you should find loads of evidence to take with you.

Best of luck!

br0ke

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 270, 2008 Vito Sport X
Congratulations on your purchase

My 05 CLK is exactly the same. Mine was out of the franchise servicing before I got it so I'm not sure if I could blag a free light out of them even though there is a design issue with it. Let me know how you get on with your brake light.

As for the rusty nuts:

You can try these (Ebay item 180352227396) which look brilliant but a tad expensive and you will have to make sure the are the right size

I sorted out my rusty nuts by getting the Chrome Nut covers (Ebay item 180352227396). On the locking nut, I cut one of the above and glued in a neodymium magnet (20 from ebay for £10). None have disappeared yet and they have been on for 3 months.

nuts.JPG

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
My wifes old 54plate 203, had rusty nuts ......... changed many times by dealer.......... same old story ............ Chinese crap unfortunatly .............. 204's should fit ? .they have not followed the same sorry quality issues ........... gone back to a proper supplier I suppose.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom