Just bought a CLK 270 CDi Auto Elegance!!!!

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Hey..... not much of a make up wearer to be honest - prefer to be au naturale. Blessed with good skin so I don't want to be spoiling it!

Therefore, my glove box currently contains CDs :) Loving the car, put my reg plate on it so it looks even nicer now. Black doesn't half show up the dirt though doesn't it!!!

One question - how would I go about re-setting the odometer so I can see how many mpg I am getting?

Not much of a makeup wearer?? now thats a first..... so you doing the proper Asian thing with personalised plate etc etc. lol

anyway as someone has already posted reply. you reset the odometer by pressing/holding R button and you can do this for all screen, like trip screen which resets after 4 hours of parking up anyway or you can reset after filling up to check the mileage you getting.

post some pictures of the car... let us see what it lookslike

OP
K

Kully

Reaction score
Thanks for info on Odometer - although I havent seen an R button on screen... am I being thick?

Got my plate last year - its cute.... yep, will post some pics up of my lovley car this evening... peprare to be amazed!!!!

Not much of a makeup wearer?? now thats a first..... so you doing the proper Asian thing with personalised plate etc etc. lol

anyway as someone has already posted reply. you reset the odometer by pressing/holding R button and you can do this for all screen, like trip screen which resets after 4 hours of parking up anyway or you can reset after filling up to check the mileage you getting.

post some pictures of the car... let us see what it lookslike

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The knob is normally a thin knurled thing that you can twiddle

I am looking forward to some amazing pictures of you this evening

OP
K

Kully

Reaction score
Ohh I feel under pressure now!!!

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
lol.... now now, she said that she will post some pictures to amaze us so she will. she is a lady of her word.

Did you find that Button Kully?

OP
K

Kully

Reaction score
Yep found the twirly stick thing - neva seen that before - how thick do I feel!!! Thank you my lovely fellow merc people!!! Ok, take a look at the
K15 NDE.... remember to breathe.... :D

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 211
  • SP_A0158.jpg
    SP_A0158.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 223
  • SP_A0161.jpg
    SP_A0161.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 227

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
wow she sure looks nice... only if you keep it clean. how much did you pay for it if you dnt mind me asking?

David Nock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2009/320CDI
Light colour interior.... always a nice option I think.
With regard to your odometer Kully, I leave my dash display always set to one which has the current journey's mpg displayed. On mine you can also interrogate to give average mpg since the car first hit the road, but I've never reset the odometer.
I have cross-checked the accuracy of my dash display by manually calculating over several tanks and it's pretty accurate.
If you don't know how to access the screen I'm talking about (and they are pretty formidable at first), then just post which dash display you're driving on and i'll cross check which steering wheel buttons to press with my 2004 CLK 270 Cdi Avantegarde.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kully

Reaction score
Light colour interior.... always a nice option I think.
With regard to your odometer Kully, I leave my dash display always set to one which has the current journey's mpg displayed. On mine you can also interrogate to give average mpg since the car first hit the road, but I've never reset the odometer.
I have cross-checked the accuracy of my dash display by manually calculating over several tanks and it's pretty accurate.
If you don't know how to access the screen I'm talking about (and they are pretty formidable at first), then just post which dash display you're driving on and i'll cross check which steering wheel buttons to press with my 2004 CLK 270 Cdi Avantegarde.

Thanks David - I'll read through the manual this evening as I should really learn all of this stuff - I'm being lazy! If I still have doubts I'll be posting needing help!!! I'll be driving down to Camberely this Friday so will test the mpg on that run as it will be a good stretch - (231 miles away) and a nice drive... How long have you had yours for?

Yes, I love the cream interior - with the seats being leather it wont be hard to clean. Don't have children yet so no mucky hands :)
Amo, I paid under 11k for it money well spent if you ask me!

David Nock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2009/320CDI
Bought it March '05 as a dealer demonstrator. It's a September 04 Reg car. My next car was going to be a Sand Leather interior but CLK production has stopped now and nearly everything for sale has been pre-ordered, usually black interiors. I was going to go Elegance for a change as well, with a woody steering wheel. I'm going to just wait now and see what the Autumn brings with the new model.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Kully, do apply some Glyptone to the lovely leather in the car, it will act as a barrier to dirt getting grimed in, very nice car you have there

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Amo, I paid under 11k for it money well spent if you ask me!

That's not bad now is it. Being black though you will have to keep it clean. I recommend this detailer for keep that shine all the time on the paint. http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_168763_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

Once washed, go over the car with this detailer, its very easy to wipe off and leaves a very deep shine which last days.

I am sure you can persuade someone to do that for you everytime you wash the car on order to keep this baby nice and clean. Try what Malcolm has suggested in previous post for leather care as well

OP
K

Kully

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! Going to get it washed this weekend before the long trip down - will buy some of that stuff for it too - I hate mess!!! Yes, with it being black it doesnt half show up the dirt!!!

Jon Stead

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda Accord, Renault Captur, Suzuki Burgman, Honda CB 500
Hi everyone

This is my first post on this site and I am sure you can assist me.

I have my eye on a 2003 (03), 270CDi, auto, Elegance, CLK wih 79k and it would appear all the "toys"! (Sat Nav, park sensors, heated memory seats etc etc)

I have heard about the Valeo radiator problems and the associated transmission problems but how do you tell if the car has this problem. I am a mechanical engineer by trade so assessing mechanical equipment is not a problem but I would appreciate some advice on what to look for.

I have only seen the car advertised recently and haven't actually viewed or driven it yet but I am hoping that it is still for sale when I get home next week. (I am currently at sea off the Indonesian coast - too hot!)

I would be more that happy to have the radiator changed for a Bauer? as suggested in this thread but I would like to be able to assess if the damge has already occurred or not.

The car is advertised as being from a "trade" seller but from the advert looks like a home trade seller as opposed to somebody with a dealer's premises so I am guessing any kind of a warranty is unlikely.

Can anybody advise any other things to look out for that this particular model is prone to?

Thanks in advance for any advice that may be received and could I just say what a great forum this seems to be! :thumbsup:

Jon Stead

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda Accord, Renault Captur, Suzuki Burgman, Honda CB 500
Hi again - anybody got any advice regarding checking a CLK 270CDi to see if it's been damaged by the radiator leak?

Thanks

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom