Just bought a remote roof module

wiltsandy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 230K SLK
After chatting with Malcolm at the gtg yesterday and seeing his roof in action I decided that my SLK could do with a remote roof too!:lol:

Being the cheapskate that I am I managed to win a new module on fleabay tonight for less than half price so I'm well chuffed:D:D It's the full solution so should have one touch up and down, roof folding from the remote key and the ability to raise and lower the roof up to 30mph.

Hoping it'll be here for the weekend so that I can get on and install it. If anyone is interested I'll do a write up on how easy or difficult it is to fit.

MB TECH WARRINGTON

Reaction score
:D
After chatting with Malcolm at the gtg yesterday and seeing his roof in action I decided that my SLK could do with a remote roof too!:lol:

Being the cheapskate that I am I managed to win a new module on fleabay tonight for less than half price so I'm well chuffed:D:D It's the full solution so should have one touch up and down, roof folding from the remote key and the ability to raise and lower the roof up to 30mph.

Hoping it'll be here for the weekend so that I can get on and install it. If anyone is interested I'll do a write up on how easy or difficult it is to fit.

very very simple to fit:D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Good on you Andy,,that car of yours is so clean,,very nice car

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
Which one did you go for Andy, the Mods4Cars Smartop or the Reinhold Engineering Cabrio-module? Or maybe another?

I've fitted the cabrio-module and it's a real boon. You have to get the three plips timed correctly though or it can be temperamantal. I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

OP
wiltsandy

wiltsandy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 230K SLK
Which one did you go for Andy, the Mods4Cars Smartop or the Reinhold Engineering Cabrio-module? Or maybe another?

I've fitted the cabrio-module and it's a real boon. You have to get the three plips timed correctly though or it can be temperamantal. I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

It's a cabrio-module like yours. Won it for £139 as opposed to €349 off their website so I reckon I got a bargain.

I'll post my experience with it once it's fitted.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom