Just found rust on my CL203....

cws196

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 Estate/2006/220CDI <OM646> + W203 Coupe/2006/200CDI <OM646
Washing the other half's CL203 tonight and found a tiny spot of rust just starting on the inside bottom/rear corner next to the panel fold. So, off to the local MB dealer tomoro....

The car is a '56 plate with full MB history and has done 58K and is in excellent condition. Does anyone have any tips before I visit the dealer on what to say/argue for etc, please? Which part of the warranty, exactly, should cover this?

I really thought the rust issues were fixed on the C Class by this reg........

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
See what they have to say first of all.. I do believe that the inspecting dealer or authorised Bodyshop have a big influence on the decision to repair under warranty or not..
They may claim that the rust is due to stone chipping or other paint damage, and your comeback should be along the lines of this car has been meticulously serviced by the MB dealer network since it was new, why has this not been spotted and dealt with... but be firm and polite

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom