Just joined as I'm considering buying a 2010 A180 & seeking advice please.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Apologies.

The 'welcome' part was very nice.

However, the op wanted to know about a specific car, not something you once had a drive in and which is a completely different car.

Thank you for your response. If you has said that first time I wouldn’t have commented.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
We have a 169 A180, they are a pain to work on and yes lots of time to change things like plugs, as the engine is canted 45 degrees the wrong direction, you essentially need to remove most of the top to get to the back of the engine.
The CVT isn’t bad but is a know weak point, we did have ours rebuilt due to a failed bearing on the input shaft, about £1200 due to the engine and gearbox having to be dropped. That said the car is solid and works well for my wife, we are always wondering what might go wrong next as we recently had to have a new turbo actuator and rebuilt turbo, these cars like to be run and I struggle to get anything und 45mpg even just doing a local trip (I don’t drive slowly either), I’ve taken it for a long run sometimes and managed well into the 50’s.
So my opinion if you get a good one then it will serv you well, get one that’s not been looked after and it will likely bite you and cost a lot to sort (which ours has), that said it’s probably not much worse than any other small auto that’s getting on in its age.

Last edited:

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom