Just looked at an 02 W210 E240 - possible problem

Profuminif

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'02 E240 Estate
hi,

i have just looked at a 2002 W210 E240 and car was good, no rust luckily,

however there was a clicking under the bonnet that got me thinnking should it be there or not.

the clicking was coming from what i think is a valve on a pipe. this pipe is part of an assembly on the lower right side of the engine bay by the PAS bottle, there is a machined block there with a number of pipes coming out of it, so it may be ABS or fuel injection related, but i dont know which.

anyone help with a E240 engine bay picture, and i can circle the part, or perhaps help me by letting me know if this is a problem, or this clicking is meant to be there

a newbie about to buy his first Merc

Simon

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Sounds like the small vac pump near the ABS block, they all do it for a short time.

jib

OP
P

Profuminif

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'02 E240 Estate
thanks

with a bit of luck once the guy replaces the MAF on the car it will be mine :)

(needs the MAF done i think as the box doesn't downshift/kickdown on its own, but will change if using the tiptronic)

Simon

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Simple test on the maf is drive the car forward up to 30mph, stop select reverse and if it doesnt select reverse for about 5 seconds then its the MAF.

I have a brand new one for sale if interested, make sure he replaces it with a genuine bosch one!!!

jib

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom