Key fob doesn't always work

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have had to replace my batteries twice already! considering I have only had the car for 5 weeks!
I thought there was something wrong with the unit and took the car to my local mercedes dealers, they replaced the batteries in the fob and it is running fine again now.
Is this a common thing with the units.

These batteries normally last up to 12 months or more

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Another member jumping in here! I have a faulty key fob (fortunately my spare) that works in the ignition and therefor will start the car and allow you to drive, but the red light doesn't light up on pressing either button so the locks and alarm can not be operated. (Brand new batteries tried and makes no difference). Two working keys would be better for me as my partner sometimes comes for the car when i'm out, and I prefer to always have my keys with me... Mine is a W203 estate, so the 2 button key with slide out emergency key.
I was considering buying a similar fob on eBay and trying to make one good fob out of two, think i'm probably wasting my time though, any thoughts anyone? anything to avoid the £220 the stealer want's for a new one! Any suggestions as to the fault here? I know how to get the key to pieces...

You are welcome to to send the key to me and I can check it out for you

G

Gusmagoo

Can't seem to be able to PM you Malcolm, if you wouldn't mind, can you send me your details and I'll take you up on the offer. Many thanks, Gus.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Can't seem to be able to PM you Malcolm, if you wouldn't mind, can you send me your details and I'll take you up on the offer. Many thanks, Gus.

I have sent you an Email to your helicopter link with my address

I used to go up a lot in choppers a my best friend bought and sold them

G

Gusmagoo

Cheers Malcolm, I'll pick it up when I return home tomorrow...

AMG99R

Reaction score
The first set was from the post office, the next set was from Woolworths (which is like Sainsburys) and the last set was from a digital printing photo store. They are all Energiser batteries. By the way I put in another set of batteries last night and resynchronised the remote and it is working normally again but am afraid that in a few days it will start flasling red and green again!

OK after putting in yet another set of new batteries in 2 nights ago, the flashing red and green has come on again (simultaneously)! They are energiser lithium batteries and when I press once on the key in the middle of the remote, a red light flashes in the sensor - that is supposed to say the batteries are fine right? So what's wrong and why does it keep flashing red and green at me - I'm going crazy!:confused:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK after putting in yet another set of new batteries in 2 nights ago, the flashing red and green has come on again (simultaneously)! They are energiser lithium batteries and when I press once on the key in the middle of the remote, a red light flashes in the sensor - that is supposed to say the batteries are fine right? So what's wrong and why does it keep flashing red and green at me - I'm going crazy!:confused:

You must have a faulty component in the key fob causing excessive drain

mobig79

Reaction score
Hi , any idea how to change the batteries and where to get the battery.

Thanks

Moby

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What is the car ans what year is it

benz1

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm, just sent you a PM. Basically just wanting confirmation that you have received the keys as Royal Mail claim to have delivered them.

Thanks.

Malcolm can you please respond to this and let me know if you are in possession of my keys or not?

I am also resending the PM I sent last week.

I am sending this again because it looks like you have missed it as I can see you still posting online everyday...

Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Your own key has the broken transponder coil and new ones will be wound shortly.

The other old key is of no use to this nothing is the same on it

benz1

Reaction score
Your own key has the broken transponder coil and new ones will be wound shortly.

The other old key is of no use to this nothing is the same on it

Hi Malcolm,

Is there any update on the status of my key?

Thanks.

Benz1

benz1

Reaction score
Any Update Malcolm?

As in previous post - I need to know the status of my key.

Thanks.

benz1

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm,

I just sent you a PM re the status of my key. Can you please respond as soon as possible?

Thanks.

benz1

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm,

Updating this post in case you see it before the PM I sent. Checking up on the status of my key fob....

benz1

Reaction score
Fao: Television

Hello Malcolm

I take it you are back now. Have you now got all the parts you need to finish off my key?

Apparently your mailbox is full - tried sending you a PM but it failed...

Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes I do have the 7 broken parts now to finish it,,it will go on the bench in the morning

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom