1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Key fob intermittent function

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Bammers, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Bammers

Bammers New Member

Your Mercedes:
    C220 cdi 2001
    Hi gang. Bought a 2001 c220 cdi at auction recently. Key fob that came with it was badly worn & only worked intermittently. Ordered a new key fob from Harrogate mercedes as always best to have 2 keys. New fob worked fine for first week but now started to unlock only intermittently. New fob & new batteries so whats causing this..? New car battery too. I have seen this issue described on forums as eis or control box..? I just want the locks to work. What is my best, cost friendly, solution please. ty Merc peeps.

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Is this both long range and short range,, try it always standing by the car to see if it works ok

3. OP
    Bammers

Bammers New Member

Your Mercedes:
    C220 cdi 2001
    Tried distant & close. Pointed at door lock & at rear view mirror . Is it eis..?

4. Mark@RMK

Mark@RMK Senior Member Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    115CDi Vito
    2000-2002 w230 C Class come with a switch with 2 CPU's in. These CPU's (HC908 1J35D) are prone to breaking down and causing problems - One and only solution is a new EIS.

There is no easy way to do it with a used one, Trust me I've done a few and only 50% of them have continued to work!

Visit Mercedes and take £500 with you!

Mark