Keyfob Door IR and RF problems

eddieham

Reaction score
Hi guys, just recently purchased a W210 saloon 2001 facelift model with indicators on wing mirrors.
Have already fixed the clock and gear indicator in the dash;thanks to previous posts.
Problem I now have is with the keyfob.(3 button type with lock,unlock & boot release) I have replaced the batteries
The keyfob only works on passenger side of the car when outside the vehicle.:confused:
All functions including convenience closing work on the passenger side, within 3m range.
It will work internally, if it is held very close(10cm)to the front interior light console above the rearview mirror.
Both front door handles have IR sensors, have cleaned both.
From other posts I have gathered that my car has IR and RF frequencies for the keyfob.
If I am correct I have a problem with the drivers door IR receiver and total failure of the RF.
I removed the front interior light console and found the RF receiver on the PCB with a small coax cable attached via a plug. As the fob will work when close to this I reckon it may be a problem either the coax cable or the aerial it connects to.
Q1) Does anyone know where the RF aerial for the remote is in order to find the other end of the coax to check continuity.
Q2) Has anyone replaced a door IR receiver ?? any tips or help

Any help or assistance would be gratefully appreicated

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome and you have been busy, yes the IR is in the door handle both sides, so the drivers one may just be disconnected or faulty.

I have sent you a paper on removing this, including the door liner.

The cables can break easily near the plugs on the RF locking.

I can give some info later on this

OP
E

eddieham

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm,
many thanks for that, hope to have a go at the door IR later today and will update with progress. Any info you have on the RF system and cable route would be most appreciated.
Eddie

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm,
many thanks for that, hope to have a go at the door IR later today and will update with progress. Any info you have on the RF system and cable route would be most appreciated.
Eddie

You may have to remind me tonight :D

satchriani

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor
Please help in IR and RF of my c200

Hi Malcolm

Can you please help me how to trouble shoot these.
I bought my first mersedes benz 2003 C200 kompressor.
it came with just one key from which I can only use lock unlock and trunk from left side of the door not the driving side.

I dont know if it has RF control or not ..how to find it?

More over if the IR sensor on the driving side is faulty can I just swap it from the other sides sensor and use it ?

Plese guide me by either email or posts here.
Thanks
Satchriani

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What car is it please a 202 or 203, you may be able to swap over the IR sensor, not sure if they are handed, can check when we know what car it is

gtap1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55K AMG / 2004
Hi Malcolm

I’m hoping you’ll know what’s going on here, it appears to be related. I recently bought a 2004 E55 AMG and I’m having issues with:
•Both front doors: outside button + keyfob button do not perform convenience opening/closing (the rear door’s buttons do). Plus the (front) outside buttons won’t lock/unlock and the door handle doesn’t unlock as the rear doors will when keyless opening.
•Driver door mirror indicator doesn’t work although it flashes on locking.
•I had checked/removed some of the fuses to try to remedy this but to no avail and now the roof won’t open – although the roof blind still does!

Any help would be appreciated,
Barrie

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
First do the buttons on the door handles operate anything.

And are you saying that the front doors do not lock at all, how about when you are driving, do the doors all lock

gtap1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55K AMG / 2004
The outside door buttons on the rear doors work. On the front they do nothing.
The car locks completely using the fob button and when driving all doors lock.
Barrie

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So you have keyless go, and buttons on the rear doors as well as the front, usually the rubber button splits and lets moisture in, take a look at them for any splits

gtap1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55K AMG / 2004
Just went to the car park, all the rubber door buttons appear to be in good order. They don't function though.

I tried the driver IR function from the fob and it will unlock and lower windows but only lock, not raise the windows.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If they are both perfect then the car will have to go onto STAR to se what is wrong, total closing is a difficult thing with out

gtap1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55K AMG / 2004
That's a shame.

Any thoughts on the driver door indicator?
It doesn't work as an indicator but flashes when locking. The other indicators work at correct speed but the warning light and relay noise is much faster.

I appreciate your help.

Barrie

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have a horrible feeling that this can only be the door controller, and possibly connected with the total closure.

See if Alex joins in the thread

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom