km/h or mph

alan n pierce

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180 classic se kompressor 2006 saloon
Hi all

new to all this just purchased a clc 180 kompressor 2006 , so pleased with it fantastic car and A1 condition ,this is a great place for info , my question is an old one i imagine , its the old question of how to get rid of uk mode and is it legal in uk ie willit fail mot ? i am so annoyed reading the manual trying to show outside temp on dash (which is useful this time of year as we live in the country in worcester ) cant get it to show anywhere . local dealer gave me sum guff about european law , when we leave europe will this change next year .last thing anyone know if i can get it done other than a main dealer .
thanks in advance
need a liedown now ....

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
UK mode?

As for laws hanging don't bet on it. No matter what Brexit Mayhem pushes through existing laws will be unchanged.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome, doubt Brexit will change the outside temperature though!!;)

XJ600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 S204 220CDI Auto
You can change the display via the menu buttons on the steering wheel, not MOT failure displaying km's.

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
Displaying the digital speed in kms will not prevent the Speedo from continuing to show the actual speed in mph, will it ?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
You can change the display via the menu buttons on the steering wheel, not MOT failure displaying km's.

But some cars eg mine, in different countries have the option of having the outside temp on permanent display ie continental Europe & USA, instead of kmp/h. Apparently there used to be that option here too via STAR, but it seems the Fatherland have since decided they know better.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, the 'UK mode' can be deleted on STAR with Developer Mode, to allow a user selection between km/h and outside temperature display, as is available for many (all?) other countries. I might be wrong, but I believe Mercedes did away with this compulsory km/h display in later models.

I too have a 2006 car, and had the UK mode deleted by COMAND (Europe) Ltd - http://www.comand.co.uk
Mark has also enabled a date display in the cluster for me.

Absolutely no legal implications there - if you drive in Europe (or Ireland) you can recall the km display, otherwise the outside temp is shown. Perfect.

26329996508_5c6c05c8e0_o.jpg

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom